British Airways’ New A350 Club Suite to Fly to Tel Aviv and Bangalore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has announced the next two destinations for its new Airbus A350 aircraft, featuring its highly anticipated new Club Suite business class product. The aircraft will soon fly between London and Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV) and Bangalore, India (BLR).
The airline will begin taking delivery of the 18 A350 aircraft it has on order later in 2019. In addition to the previously announced launch destinations of Toronto (YYZ) and Dubai (DXB), as well as crew familiarization flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Madrid (MAD), it’ll also fly to Tel Aviv. Beginning December 1, 2019, BA will operate the A350 daily as follows:
- BA163 London Heathrow (LHR) 8:55pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 3:45am (+1) Arrival
- BA162 Tel Aviv (TLV) 7:00am Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 10:30am Arrival
Virgin Atlantic is also launching flights to Tel Aviv later this year.
This flight can be booked with Avios for the following off-peak amounts. (Note there is no first class cabin on this aircraft):
- World Traveller — 10,000 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 20,000 Avios
- Club World Suite — 31,250 Avios
There is Avios availability in Club Suite to experience the new product on several days in November and December, but availability improves to virtually every day from January onwards.
From January 1, 2020, British Airways will also operate the aircraft to Bangalore daily, as follows:
- BA119 London Heathrow (LHR) 1:45pm Departure ⇒ Bangalore (BLR) 5:00am (+1) Arrival
- BA118 Bangalore (BLR) 7:00am Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 12:40pm Arrival
This flight can be booked with Avios for the following off-peak amounts:
- World Traveller — 16,250 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 32,500 Avios
- Club World Suite — 62,500 Avios
If you’re short on Avios, don’t forget you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points or Amex Membership Rewards points to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio.
There’s hardly any Club Suite availability in January for this flight, but many days in February are available as well as almost every day in March and April.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Featured image by British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.