This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has announced the next two destinations for its new Airbus A350 aircraft, featuring its highly anticipated new Club Suite business class product. The aircraft will soon fly between London and Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV) and Bangalore, India (BLR).
The airline will begin taking delivery of the 18 A350 aircraft it has on order later in 2019. In addition to the previously announced launch destinations of Toronto (YYZ) and Dubai (DXB), as well as crew familiarization flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Madrid (MAD), it’ll also fly to Tel Aviv. Beginning December 1, 2019, BA will operate the A350 daily as follows:
- BA163 London Heathrow (LHR) 8:55pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 3:45am (+1) Arrival
- BA162 Tel Aviv (TLV) 7:00am Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 10:30am Arrival
Virgin Atlantic is also launching flights to Tel Aviv later this year.
This flight can be booked with Avios for the following off-peak amounts. (Note there is no first class cabin on this aircraft):
- World Traveller — 10,000 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 20,000 Avios
- Club World Suite — 31,250 Avios
There is Avios availability in Club Suite to experience the new product on several days in November and December, but availability improves to virtually every day from January onwards.
From January 1, 2020, British Airways will also operate the aircraft to Bangalore daily, as follows:
- BA119 London Heathrow (LHR) 1:45pm Departure ⇒ Bangalore (BLR) 5:00am (+1) Arrival
- BA118 Bangalore (BLR) 7:00am Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 12:40pm Arrival
This flight can be booked with Avios for the following off-peak amounts:
- World Traveller — 16,250 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 32,500 Avios
- Club World Suite — 62,500 Avios
If you’re short on Avios, don’t forget you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points or Amex Membership Rewards points to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio.
There’s hardly any Club Suite availability in January for this flight, but many days in February are available as well as almost every day in March and April.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Featured image by British Airways.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards