British Airways ups service to Cape Town, Miami and Seattle while China flights are grounded
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is increasing service on some of its long-haul routes this spring, a move that allows it to redeploy some of its widebody planes that had been flying on the carrier’s now-suspended routes to China.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Three new weekly services between Cape Town (CPT) from March 30 through April 19. British Airways‘ February schedule shows that it already offers two daily round-trips to CPT from LHR as well as three weekly flights from London Gatwick (LGW).
- One additional daily service between Miami (MIA) from April 1 through May 31. British Airways already flies two daily round-trip flights on the route.
- One additional daily service between Seattle (SEA) from May 1 through May 31. British Airways already offers daily service between the cities with at least one flight per day.
This announcement of additional frequencies comes after BA announced that it would be suspending all mainland China flights until at least the end of March due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Featured photo by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.