British Airways Flight Crew All Named Harry and Meghan for Royal Wedding
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big wedding day, British Airways is bringing the royal treatment to passengers on Saturday. The airline will operate a royal wedding-themed flight from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Toronto Airport (YYZ).
In addition to specialty food, drinks and entertainment centered around the nuptials, the flight’s crew will be staffed exclusively by employees named Harry and Meghan. Two Harrys, seven Megans and one Meghan will staff the cabin of the Boeing 787, with Senior First Officer Harry Blake at the plane’s controls next to the captain.
The crew will take special precautions to avoid any mid-air mixups among all the multiple names.
“I’ve flown with another Megan once or twice before, but never seven so we might have to all call each other by our surnames during this very special flight,” BA Customer Service Manager Megan Horsley, who will lead the flight’s crew, said.
Flight number BA 93 is scheduled to depart Heathrow for Toronto (YYZ) at 1:10pm local time, an hour after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say “I do” at Windsor Castle, which is just seven miles from LHR.
Every passenger on board BA 93 will receive a personal bottle of Castelnau Blanc du Blanc champagne to toast the royal newlyweds. As far as IFE, BA passengers flying throughout May can catch up on episodes of Markle’s series, “Suits,” as well as documentaries on the royal couple and listen to a podcasts about how Harry and Megan met.
In fact, any travelers who miss the royal wedding on TV will be able to catch up on board the next day, because the wedding highlights will be available on long-haul flights starting Sunday.
But you don’t have to be on the BA 93 flight to enjoy some of the royal wedding-themed perks. On Saturday, British Airways is granting any passenger named Harry, Meghan or Megan (and their travel companions) access to its First lounge in Terminal 5 of LHR. And passengers departing LHR on Saturday will be served a mock-up of the royal wedding cake: a lemon and elderflower Victorian sponge cake — the same flavor of Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake.
Featured photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees