This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big wedding day, British Airways is bringing the royal treatment to passengers on Saturday. The airline will operate a royal wedding-themed flight from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Toronto Airport (YYZ).
In addition to specialty food, drinks and entertainment centered around the nuptials, the flight’s crew will be staffed exclusively by employees named Harry and Meghan. Two Harrys, seven Megans and one Meghan will staff the cabin of the Boeing 787, with Senior First Officer Harry Blake at the plane’s controls next to the captain.
The crew will take special precautions to avoid any mid-air mixups among all the multiple names.
“I’ve flown with another Megan once or twice before, but never seven so we might have to all call each other by our surnames during this very special flight,” BA Customer Service Manager Megan Horsley, who will lead the flight’s crew, said.
Flight number BA 93 is scheduled to depart Heathrow for Toronto (YYZ) at 1:10pm local time, an hour after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say “I do” at Windsor Castle, which is just seven miles from LHR.
Every passenger on board BA 93 will receive a personal bottle of Castelnau Blanc du Blanc champagne to toast the royal newlyweds. As far as IFE, BA passengers flying throughout May can catch up on episodes of Markle’s series, “Suits,” as well as documentaries on the royal couple and listen to a podcasts about how Harry and Megan met.
In fact, any travelers who miss the royal wedding on TV will be able to catch up on board the next day, because the wedding highlights will be available on long-haul flights starting Sunday.
But you don’t have to be on the BA 93 flight to enjoy some of the royal wedding-themed perks. On Saturday, British Airways is granting any passenger named Harry, Meghan or Megan (and their travel companions) access to its First lounge in Terminal 5 of LHR. And passengers departing LHR on Saturday will be served a mock-up of the royal wedding cake: a lemon and elderflower Victorian sponge cake — the same flavor of Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake.
Featured photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees