This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big wedding day, British Airways is bringing the royal treatment to passengers on Saturday. The airline will operate a royal wedding-themed flight from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Toronto Airport (YYZ).
In addition to specialty food, drinks and entertainment centered around the nuptials, the flight’s crew will be staffed exclusively by employees named Harry and Meghan. Two Harrys, seven Megans and one Meghan will staff the cabin of the Boeing 787, with Senior First Officer Harry Blake at the plane’s controls next to the captain.
The crew will take special precautions to avoid any mid-air mixups among all the multiple names.
“I’ve flown with another Megan once or twice before, but never seven so we might have to all call each other by our surnames during this very special flight,” BA Customer Service Manager Megan Horsley, who will lead the flight’s crew, said.
Flight number BA 93 is scheduled to depart Heathrow for Toronto (YYZ) at 1:10pm local time, an hour after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say “I do” at Windsor Castle, which is just seven miles from LHR.
Every passenger on board BA 93 will receive a personal bottle of Castelnau Blanc du Blanc champagne to toast the royal newlyweds. As far as IFE, BA passengers flying throughout May can catch up on episodes of Markle’s series, “Suits,” as well as documentaries on the royal couple and listen to a podcasts about how Harry and Megan met.
In fact, any travelers who miss the royal wedding on TV will be able to catch up on board the next day, because the wedding highlights will be available on long-haul flights starting Sunday.
But you don’t have to be on the BA 93 flight to enjoy some of the royal wedding-themed perks. On Saturday, British Airways is granting any passenger named Harry, Meghan or Megan (and their travel companions) access to its First lounge in Terminal 5 of LHR. And passengers departing LHR on Saturday will be served a mock-up of the royal wedding cake: a lemon and elderflower Victorian sponge cake — the same flavor of Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake.
Featured photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards