British Airways Flight Crew All Named Harry and Meghan for Royal Wedding
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big wedding day, British Airways is bringing the royal treatment to passengers on Saturday. The airline will operate a royal wedding-themed flight from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Toronto Airport (YYZ).
In addition to specialty food, drinks and entertainment centered around the nuptials, the flight’s crew will be staffed exclusively by employees named Harry and Meghan. Two Harrys, seven Megans and one Meghan will staff the cabin of the Boeing 787, with Senior First Officer Harry Blake at the plane’s controls next to the captain.
The crew will take special precautions to avoid any mid-air mixups among all the multiple names.
“I’ve flown with another Megan once or twice before, but never seven so we might have to all call each other by our surnames during this very special flight,” BA Customer Service Manager Megan Horsley, who will lead the flight’s crew, said.
Flight number BA 93 is scheduled to depart Heathrow for Toronto (YYZ) at 1:10pm local time, an hour after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say “I do” at Windsor Castle, which is just seven miles from LHR.
Every passenger on board BA 93 will receive a personal bottle of Castelnau Blanc du Blanc champagne to toast the royal newlyweds. As far as IFE, BA passengers flying throughout May can catch up on episodes of Markle’s series, “Suits,” as well as documentaries on the royal couple and listen to a podcasts about how Harry and Megan met.
In fact, any travelers who miss the royal wedding on TV will be able to catch up on board the next day, because the wedding highlights will be available on long-haul flights starting Sunday.
But you don’t have to be on the BA 93 flight to enjoy some of the royal wedding-themed perks. On Saturday, British Airways is granting any passenger named Harry, Meghan or Megan (and their travel companions) access to its First lounge in Terminal 5 of LHR. And passengers departing LHR on Saturday will be served a mock-up of the royal wedding cake: a lemon and elderflower Victorian sponge cake — the same flavor of Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake.
Featured photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.