British Airways A350 damaged in paint shop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A British Airways Airbus A350 was damaged while being painted, likely delaying its delivery to the airline.
Flight Global first reported that the plane sustained surface damage from some of the equipment in the paint shop.
Airbus confirmed the incident to Flight Global, and British Airways said the manufacturer is working to deliver the aircraft “shortly.”
BA has 18 A350s on order, and its route map for the aircraft is slowly expanding. After the first of the planes were delivered, the airline put them into short-haul service so crews could get more comfortable working the jet.
The A350s are now on long-haul services for BA, already serving Dubai and Toronto from London, with plans to send them to Tel Aviv and Bangalore in the coming months as more get delivered.
TPG got a preview of the new planes before they entered service, so here’s what to expect if you’re going to fly one.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.