This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Turns out those low winter temperatures might be good for something other than an excuse to stay inside. The Boston-based Colonnade Hotel is bringing back its “Frosty Fridays” promotion, which offers guests room rates based on the temperature outside.
The promotion works as follows: guests are offered a two-night weekend package. The first night’s price will be based on the temperature in Boston on Friday night (5pm specifically) and the second night is a special fixed rate of $289. In addition to this, guests will also be offered special perks throughout their stay, such as late check out (2pm), complimentary overnight parking, two tickets for admission and skating rentals at the Boston Common Frog Pond Skating Rink or aboard the Old Town Trolley Tour, and last (but not least) access to a “make your own” hot chocolate bar.
Also, if you happen to have pets, The Colonnade Hotel is offering guests a “VIPets program,” which includes a complimentary pet bed, bowl and leash along with three brands of pet food to pick from.
Weekends are available through from Dec. 22, 2018 to April 8, 2019. Working on a “frost come, frost served” basis, rates are only available for a limited time. If you’re in the Massachusetts area, or are just interested in participating in the “frosty” fun, you can book your weekend here.
Featured image by Denis Tangney Jr. via Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees