Book Discounted Amex International Airline Program Tickets via Online Chat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express International Airline Program now offers travelers the ability to book discounted premium cabin tickets directly via online chat.
The discount program has existed for some time, originally as a buy-one-get-one-free deal for full-fare first and business class tickets. More than a year ago, Amex revised and expanded the program to instead offer discounted rates on 1-8 first, business and premium economy class tickets. However, the fares could only be booked by calling in to the Amex concierge desk, which was frustrating for travelers who simply wanted to research availability and pricing.
Amex still doesn’t offer travelers the ability to book discounted fares directly through the booking platform itself, but the online chat option is a convenient upgrade for busy travelers. There’s a $39 service fee per ticket, which is waived for Centurion card holders, and the discount only applies to travel that originates and returns to US airports for the most part. Certain Canadian airports are included, and select airline partners allow one-way travel.
As always, Amex members can use Membership Rewards “Pay with Points” to pay for the cost of the ticket while still earning miles from the 20+ participating airlines. Personal card holders earn 5x Membership Rewards points when booking revenue fares through this program, while card holders who pay with the Business Platinum Card® from American Express will receive a 35% rebate in points for booking first and business class flights for their selected airline, up to 500,000 points per year.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Photo by Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.