Book a Valentine’s Day weekend getaway from $69 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, making it the perfect time for a romantic weekend getaway.
Couples trips are a great way to unplug and spend time to together. And what better way to do that than by exploring a new destination?
We’ve searched for flights under $140 all across the U.S. to both expected and unexpected destinations — from Music City to Paris of the Plains to the Golden Gate City. We hope one of these spots sparks your (and your loved one’s) interest for a weekend getaway.
Some of these fares are aboard low-cost carriers like Frontier which charge extra for carry-ons and checked baggage, but with some smart packing this shouldn’t be too much of a problem for a quick weekend trip. The first one we found is from Philadelphia to Nashville, known as Music City ($69 round-trip). Next is a trip to Kansas City (Paris of the Plains) from Orlando for $97 round-trip. Or we propose a jaunt to San Francisco (Golden Gate City) from LA for $107 round-trip, and more. Take a look at the fares below:
Airlines: Frontier, Alaska, American, Delta, United, JetBlue
Cost: From $69 round-trip
Dates: February 14-16
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Premier and Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Philadelphia (PHL) to Nashville (BNA) for $69 round-trip nonstop on Frontier:
Orlando (MCO) to Kansas City (MCI) for $97 round-trip nonstop on Frontier: Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for $107 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Denver (DEN) to Salt Lake City (SLC) for $116 round-trip nonstop on Delta:
Boston (BOS) to Philadelphia (PHL) for $117 round-trip nonstop on American: Atlanta (ATL) to Chicago (ORD) for $130 round-trip nonstop on United: New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) for $137 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
The only drawback is some of these fares are in basic economy. Basic economy means different things to different airlines, but you may not have free use of the overhead bins for a carry-on bag, and you probably won’t be able to select your seat, get an upgrade, or earn PQM/PQS/PQDs. However, it’s possible to defeat many of basic economy’s negative aspects by having elite status or a cobranded credit card.
Have you planned or are you planning a Valentine’s weekend trip? Sound off in the comments below on where you’re going.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.