Book a Valentine’s Day weekend getaway from $69 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, making it the perfect time for a romantic weekend getaway.
Couples trips are a great way to unplug and spend time to together. And what better way to do that than by exploring a new destination?
We’ve searched for flights under $140 all across the U.S. to both expected and unexpected destinations — from Music City to Paris of the Plains to the Golden Gate City. We hope one of these spots sparks your (and your loved one’s) interest for a weekend getaway.
Some of these fares are aboard low-cost carriers like Frontier which charge extra for carry-ons and checked baggage, but with some smart packing this shouldn’t be too much of a problem for a quick weekend trip. The first one we found is from Philadelphia to Nashville, known as Music City ($69 round-trip). Next is a trip to Kansas City (Paris of the Plains) from Orlando for $97 round-trip. Or we propose a jaunt to San Francisco (Golden Gate City) from LA for $107 round-trip, and more. Take a look at the fares below:
Airlines: Frontier, Alaska, American, Delta, United, JetBlue
Cost: From $69 round-trip
Dates: February 14-16
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Premier and Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Philadelphia (PHL) to Nashville (BNA) for $69 round-trip nonstop on Frontier:
Orlando (MCO) to Kansas City (MCI) for $97 round-trip nonstop on Frontier: Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for $107 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Denver (DEN) to Salt Lake City (SLC) for $116 round-trip nonstop on Delta:
Boston (BOS) to Philadelphia (PHL) for $117 round-trip nonstop on American: Atlanta (ATL) to Chicago (ORD) for $130 round-trip nonstop on United: New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) for $137 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
The only drawback is some of these fares are in basic economy. Basic economy means different things to different airlines, but you may not have free use of the overhead bins for a carry-on bag, and you probably won’t be able to select your seat, get an upgrade, or earn PQM/PQS/PQDs. However, it’s possible to defeat many of basic economy’s negative aspects by having elite status or a cobranded credit card.
Have you planned or are you planning a Valentine’s weekend trip? Sound off in the comments below on where you’re going.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees