Book a Valentine’s Day weekend getaway from $69 round-trip
Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, making it the perfect time for a romantic weekend getaway.
Couples trips are a great way to unplug and spend time to together. And what better way to do that than by exploring a new destination?
We’ve searched for flights under $140 all across the U.S. to both expected and unexpected destinations — from Music City to Paris of the Plains to the Golden Gate City. We hope one of these spots sparks your (and your loved one’s) interest for a weekend getaway.
Some of these fares are aboard low-cost carriers like Frontier which charge extra for carry-ons and checked baggage, but with some smart packing this shouldn’t be too much of a problem for a quick weekend trip. The first one we found is from Philadelphia to Nashville, known as Music City ($69 round-trip). Next is a trip to Kansas City (Paris of the Plains) from Orlando for $97 round-trip. Or we propose a jaunt to San Francisco (Golden Gate City) from LA for $107 round-trip, and more. Take a look at the fares below:
Airlines: Frontier, Alaska, American, Delta, United, JetBlue
Cost: From $69 round-trip
Dates: February 14-16
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Philadelphia (PHL) to Nashville (BNA) for $69 round-trip nonstop on Frontier:
Orlando (MCO) to Kansas City (MCI) for $97 round-trip nonstop on Frontier: Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for $107 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Denver (DEN) to Salt Lake City (SLC) for $116 round-trip nonstop on Delta:
Boston (BOS) to Philadelphia (PHL) for $117 round-trip nonstop on American: Atlanta (ATL) to Chicago (ORD) for $130 round-trip nonstop on United: New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) for $137 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
The only drawback is some of these fares are in basic economy. Basic economy means different things to different airlines, but you may not have free use of the overhead bins for a carry-on bag, and you probably won’t be able to select your seat, get an upgrade, or earn PQM/PQS/PQDs. However, it’s possible to defeat many of basic economy’s negative aspects by having elite status or a cobranded credit card.
Have you planned or are you planning a Valentine’s weekend trip? Sound off in the comments below on where you’re going.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees