Annual Fee Increasing on Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex in One Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here – Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card is one of two Marriott-branded Amex cards that remain open for applications, and it’s currently offering a limited-time welcome bonus of 100,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. That welcome bonus will be available until Apr. 24, but you may want to apply sooner than that, since the card’s annual fee will increase on Mar. 28.
If you apply for the Bonvoy Business Amex by Mar. 28, not only will you be eligible for the 100,000-point welcome bonus, but you’ll also lock in lower fees for the first two years: You’ll pay $0 for the first year, $95 the second year and then start paying $125 the following year (see rates & fees).
Applying after the Mar. 28 cutoff means you’ll pay the $125 annual fee from day one, so you can save $155 by applying before then (saving $125 the first year and $30 the second year).
The Bonvoy Business Amex offers complimentary Marriott Silver status, 15 elite night credits and a free night award for properties that cost up to 35,000 points. On Mar. 28, it will also add the ability to earn a second free night award — after you spend $60,000 on the card in a calendar year. You don’t need to apply after the 28th to be eligible for the second free night award, though.
There isn’t much time left before the card’s annual fee increases from $95 and a waived first year to $125 from the get-go, so keep the date of Mar. 28 in time as you’re plotting out your future card applications. And remember, the Bonvoy Business is offering a 100,000-point welcome bonus, and you can get more than $1,000 in value from those rewards.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex Card, please click here.
Earn 100,000 points with this card after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months. TPG values 100K Bonvoy points to be worth around $800. Aside from the huge welcome offer you'll earn 1 free night every year after cardmember anniversary and complimentary Marriott Silver Elite status.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then a variable 17.49%-26.49%. Offer ends 10/23/2019.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees