Earn More MQMs and Bonus Delta Miles Through Credit Card Spend (Targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta and American Express are targeting some holders of their co-branded cards with an opportunity to earn additional MQMs toward status. Traditionally, cardholders of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express can earn bonus Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) after meeting thresholds up to $50,000 or $60,000, respectively. However, with these targeted offers, select cardholders can earn even more MQMs and bonus miles after reaching an additional spending threshold. These offers are subject to change at anytime.
One TPG reader, a cardholder of the Platinum Delta Amex, wrote in that he was targeted to earn an additional 10,000 MQMs and 10,000 bonus miles after spending $75,000. The card typically offers bonus MQM and mileage earning, but only for a maximum of 20,000 MQMs and 20,000 bonus miles. With this offer, however, Amex and Delta are offering a total of 30,000 MQMs and 30,000 bonus miles.
Not only are Platinum Delta Amex cardholders being targeted for bonus MQMs and bonus miles, but also those who hold the Delta Reserve Card. The card normally earns cardholders 15,000 MQMs and 15,000 bonus miles after spending $30,000 in a calendar year, and another 15,000 of each after spending $60,000. However, those who were targeted for the promotion can earn an additional 15,000 MQMs and 15,000 bonus miles after spending $90,000 — a grand total of 45,000 MQMs and 45,000 bonus miles.
For those who were targeted, the promotion has already been added to your card — there’s no need to register. The terms and conditions state that this offer is just for 2018 and may be discontinued at any time.
Back in September 2017, Delta announced that it was going to increase the co-branded card spend needed to meet the Diamond Medallion Qualifying Dollar (MQD) waiver from $25,000 to $250,000. So, presumably, flyers have been less willing to put spend on their co-brand Delta Amex cards with the goal of working toward status. While these bonus miles and MQM offers are nice, you’ll still need to put a significant amount of money on your card in order to meet the MQD requirement — that is, if you don’t spend the money directly with Delta.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express is offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 MQMs after spending $1,000 in the first three months. In addition, you can earn a $100 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within the first three months. There’s an annual fee of $195.
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees