Earn Bonus Miles & More Miles at Thousands of Hotels This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We love a good partnership here at TPG — whether it’s Delta’s newest link with Ticketmaster or Lyft’s stackable earnings with three different brands. Lufthansa seems to agree with us, as it’s currently running promotions with four different hotel chains this summer, all offering tons of different options for double-dipping on your rewards.
- Promotion runs now through December 31, 2019 (for both stays and booking)
- Earning preferences on your account must be set to “Miles and More”
- Valid only at stays within the US
- No registration required
It’s worth noting that — despite being marketed as a “50%” bonus — stays at the two limited-service brands that usually only award 1 mile per dollar spent (Staybridge and Candlewood) are actually offering a 100% bonus, as you’ll earn 2 miles/$ at these properties during the promotional period.
Though many have been less-than-positive about the Marriott Bonvoy program, the program itself remains robust, with the world’s largest hotel footprint and a new home-sharing platform seeking to compete with Airbnb. If you’re after Miles & More miles, Marriott is offering up to 1000 bonus miles on stays throughout Europe:
- Promotion is valid on stays from now to December 31, 2019
- Booking must be made by August 31, 2019
- Miles must be selected as the earning preference on your account.
- 1,000 bonus miles per stay at Luxury and Premium brands
- 500 bonus miles per stay at Select and Longer Stay brands
- No registration required
Since these are per stay rather than per night, they’d be more lucrative on shorter stays. TPG’s most recent valuations peg Miles & More miles at 1.4 cents apiece, so you’re taking home an extra $7 or $14 worth of miles, depending on the type of property you’re visiting.
How to pay: Use a card like the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (which offer up to 17x points and 6x points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program) or the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel purchases).
Perhaps not as well-known as some of its competitors, Wyndham is still punching above its weight class, offering double Miles & More miles earned on each stay:
- Promotion is valid now 31 August, 2019
- Stays must be completed by September 1, 2019
- Double miles apply on your first three stays.
- Earning preferences must be set to “I’d like to earn airline miles/rail
- No registration required
Wyndham’s changes from earlier this year doubled the award rates at the most luxurious properties, and with all-inclusive resorts no longer participating, you may not want to earn Wyndham Rewards points anymore. This is a nice promotion if you’re looking for a good airline to choose instead.
Though Best Western typically gets much less fanfare than brands such as, say, Hilton Honors, the hotel chain is quite large, with over 4,000 properties worldwide. They’ve jumped in on the Miles & More game as well, with the opportunity to earn up to 3,000 bonus miles on stays:
- Valid now through June 30, 2019
- Each stay earns a different bonus:
- Stay 1 you‘ll receive 500 bonus miles
- Stay 2 you‘ll receive 1,000 miles
- Stay 3 you‘ll receive 1,500 miles
- Register here for the promotion
- No specific date is noted for when the stay must be completed by, though the promotion states “April to July”
If you max out this promotion, you’d take home 3,000 miles, worth $42 based on TPG’s valuations. Since Best Western properties tend to be quite inexpensive, this could be a great option to snag more valuable earnings than you’d otherwise get through Best Western’s own promotion.
Just note that for all of these promotions, you must elect to earn Miles & More miles instead of points in the given hotel program. That may make these less attractive for those of you looking to maximize your hotel stays, but for one or two nights at a property with limited use for you in the future, earning bonus miles could represent a solid option.
Featured photo by Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees