Earn Bonus Hyatt Points at Select Las Vegas Properties This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your summer plans involve a trip to Las Vegas, it won’t just be the thermometer climbing during your trip. Your World of Hyatt account balance may jump as well thanks to a new promotion the program just announced with participating M life resorts in Sin City. It’s essentially a hybrid of the two promotions that ran last summer and in the fall, but can be quite lucrative if you’re visiting Las Vegas.
Let’s start with the nuts-and-bolts. The new promotion applies to stays with a check-out date between April 15 and July 31, and it splits up participating M life hotels into two categories. The first offer allows World of Hyatt members to earn double points on every dollar of eligible spend at the following properties:
- Aria Resort & Casino Las Vegas
- Bellagio Las Vegas
- Delano Las Vegas
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Las Vegas
- MGM Grand Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- The Signature at MGM Grand
- Vdara Hotel & Spa at Aria Las Vegas
This translates into 10 points per dollar spent, an overall return of 17% in awards on your stays.
If, on the other hand, your trip involves a stay at the Excalibur, Luxor or New York New York, you aren’t completely left out. World of Hyatt members will earn a 20% bonus (so 6 points/$ instead of 5) for stays during the promotional period at one of these three properties. Unfortunately, this promotion doesn’t apply to stays at NoMad Las Vegas or Circus Circus.
Full details are available here, but there are a few important things to keep in mind with this promotion. First, you must be a member of both World of Hyatt and M life Rewards and provide both account numbers at check-in. You also need to register for the promotion at this link and must make sure to choose Hyatt points as your earning preference for the stay. Unfortunately, you also must be a registered guest and physically occupying the room for the stay, so you’re only eligible for bonus points on a single room.
Finally, the terms and conditions indicate that the bonus points will post three to four weeks after a qualifying stay, though many times they’ll arrive faster.
Of course, summer in Las Vegas isn’t exactly high season, but this is still a great option for travelers who already have plans to visit. And since the promotion kicks in for stays with a checkout date as of today, those of you already in town may be able to grab some bonus points for your stay. We reached out to clarify exactly how these offers would apply to those who’ve already checked in and were told that as long as you register and have a checkout date between today (April 15) and July 31, 2019, you would be eligible for bonus Hyatt points on your eligible spend.
In other words, if you’re currently reading this from your M life hotel room in Vegas, get registered ASAP!
If you’re going to utilize this promotion and want to make your Las Vegas stays even more rewarding, consider grabbing the World of Hyatt Credit Card before your trip. You’ll earn another 4 Hyatt points per dollar spent at M life properties and 2 points per dollar spent on local transit and commuting, dining, airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and gym memberships. The card offers a free night certificate each year on your cardmembership anniversary (valid at Category 1-4 properties) plus the ability to earn a second by spending $15,000 during your cardmember year.
Finally, new cardholders are eligible for a sign-up bonus of up to 60,000 points: 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spend on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening. These points plus the bonuses you’d earn from your Las Vegas stays this summer will go a long way toward your next award trip.
Unfortunately, time’s almost up on the Amex Offer that provided targeted cardholders with $60 or 6,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $300 or more at MGM Resorts, but if you have that offer on a card like The Platinum Card® from American Express and have a stay in the next week, you’re guaranteed at least some luck for your time in Las Vegas. And remember too that some of these properties are listed with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, which could open you up to even more on-property perks.
Featured photo by Rebecca Ang via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees