Earn Bonus Hyatt Points at Select Las Vegas Properties This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your summer plans involve a trip to Las Vegas, it won’t just be the thermometer climbing during your trip. Your World of Hyatt account balance may jump as well thanks to a new promotion the program just announced with participating M life resorts in Sin City. It’s essentially a hybrid of the two promotions that ran last summer and in the fall, but can be quite lucrative if you’re visiting Las Vegas.
Let’s start with the nuts-and-bolts. The new promotion applies to stays with a check-out date between April 15 and July 31, and it splits up participating M life hotels into two categories. The first offer allows World of Hyatt members to earn double points on every dollar of eligible spend at the following properties:
- Aria Resort & Casino Las Vegas
- Bellagio Las Vegas
- Delano Las Vegas
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Las Vegas
- MGM Grand Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- The Signature at MGM Grand
- Vdara Hotel & Spa at Aria Las Vegas
This translates into 10 points per dollar spent, an overall return of 17% in awards on your stays.
If, on the other hand, your trip involves a stay at the Excalibur, Luxor or New York New York, you aren’t completely left out. World of Hyatt members will earn a 20% bonus (so 6 points/$ instead of 5) for stays during the promotional period at one of these three properties. Unfortunately, this promotion doesn’t apply to stays at NoMad Las Vegas or Circus Circus.
Full details are available here, but there are a few important things to keep in mind with this promotion. First, you must be a member of both World of Hyatt and M life Rewards and provide both account numbers at check-in. You also need to register for the promotion at this link and must make sure to choose Hyatt points as your earning preference for the stay. Unfortunately, you also must be a registered guest and physically occupying the room for the stay, so you’re only eligible for bonus points on a single room.
Finally, the terms and conditions indicate that the bonus points will post three to four weeks after a qualifying stay, though many times they’ll arrive faster.
Of course, summer in Las Vegas isn’t exactly high season, but this is still a great option for travelers who already have plans to visit. And since the promotion kicks in for stays with a checkout date as of today, those of you already in town may be able to grab some bonus points for your stay. We reached out to clarify exactly how these offers would apply to those who’ve already checked in and were told that as long as you register and have a checkout date between today (April 15) and July 31, 2019, you would be eligible for bonus Hyatt points on your eligible spend.
In other words, if you’re currently reading this from your M life hotel room in Vegas, get registered ASAP!
If you’re going to utilize this promotion and want to make your Las Vegas stays even more rewarding, consider grabbing the World of Hyatt Credit Card before your trip. You’ll earn another 4 Hyatt points per dollar spent at M life properties and 2 points per dollar spent on local transit and commuting, dining, airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and gym memberships. The card offers a free night certificate each year on your cardmembership anniversary (valid at Category 1-4 properties) plus the ability to earn a second by spending $15,000 during your cardmember year.
Finally, new cardholders are eligible for a sign-up bonus of up to 60,000 points: 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spend on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening. These points plus the bonuses you’d earn from your Las Vegas stays this summer will go a long way toward your next award trip.
Unfortunately, time’s almost up on the Amex Offer that provided targeted cardholders with $60 or 6,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $300 or more at MGM Resorts, but if you have that offer on a card like The Platinum Card® from American Express and have a stay in the next week, you’re guaranteed at least some luck for your time in Las Vegas. And remember too that some of these properties are listed with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, which could open you up to even more on-property perks.
Featured photo by Rebecca Ang via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.