Limited time only: Earn 25x AAdvantage miles on your donation to Stand Up To Cancer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you donate $25 or more to Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C), you can earn 25 American AAdvantage miles per dollar. Plus, if you make your donation with a Mastercard, American Airlines will match your contribution — dollar for dollar — until the goal of $1 million is met, or by Sept. 18.
Since American launched its partnership with SU2C five years ago, the airline has helped raise over $10 million for more than a dozen types of cancer research and treatments through annual fundraising campaigns and efforts.
For more TPG points tips and news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Their special SUC2 livery, pictured below, features the names of 22,627 individuals who have battled cancer.
You can make a donation here, where you’ll input your AAdvantage frequent flyer number, your first and last name and donation amount. The website will also tell you how many miles you’ll earn with your donation with the current 25x promo.
For instance, a $500 donation to SU2C awards you 12,500 AAdvantage miles. Given TPG’s latest valuations, those miles are worth $175 — a terrific return for your generous contribution to SU2C.
Note that bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification.
The terms also state, “For charitable deduction purposes, each mile is valued at 3 cents per mile. The receipt of miles may reduce the tax-deductibility of your contribution.”
Whatever amount you donate, 100% of it will go to SU2C, so earning 25x with a dollar-for-dollar match only sweetens the deal.
Donate here: Get 25 AAdvantage miles per dollar on your donation of $25 or more to Stand Up To Cancer, now until Sept. 18.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees