Boeing Takes Responsibility for MAX, the Best Internship Ever, Priority Pass Lounge Changes and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
“We at Boeing are sorry for the lives lost in the recent 737 accidents, and are relentlessly focused on safety to ensure tragedies like this never happen again,” said Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg via a video on Twitter.
Think: Caviar in Cathay Pacific First Class.
It’s unclear what impact this change will have on the crowds in these lounges.
JFK to SFO? Booked.
According to the former CFO, the company won’t strive to “out-Spirit Spirit. . . [they] aim to do something that’s different.”
What exactly helps and hinders our sleep on board?
The new three-tiered award chart is already in effect.
Is it even possible to make them smaller?
Check out what happened to Marriott Bonvoy’s point valuations this month.
Several celebrities have spoken out against the injustices, ultimately leading Dorchester hotels to delete their social media.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.