Calling all AvGeeks: Head to the Boeing factory for a limited-time tour of a 787
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re an AvGeek living in or near Seattle, or are going to travel to the area, clear your calendars. For six days only, Boeing is giving you the opportunity to get up close to a brand new 787-9 at the Future of Flight Museum.
The museum, located near Everett, WA, is open year-round and offers tours of Boeing’s factory. It also has a free observation deck at the northwest corner of Paine Field, offering views of runway 16R as well as Boeing’s newest planes fresh off the manufacturing line. From September 16-22, the museum is offering an additional tour that’ll appeal to AvGeeks and aviation lovers— a 30 minute guided tour of the exterior of a really unique 787-9.
The tour will take place every day this week, excluding Thursday, 9/19. There are 11 time slots of 30 minutes each available each day, with the first starting at 10:15am and the last at 4:15pm. Entrance for adults aged 15+ costs $7, and children are free. Tickets must be purchased at the onsite ticket counter.
This 787-9, registration N1015B, is currently wrapped in a festive “Dreams Take Flight” purple and pink livery, which was inspired by the Employees Community Fund of Boeing (ECF). The ECF is a pooled fund of tax-deductible donations from Boeing employees that helps support local charities through grants.
Interestingly, this unique livery wasn’t painted on the plane. Instead, the plane is wrapped in the world’s largest decal to ever be applied on an aircraft. As reported by Airliner Watch, Boeing decided to repurpose this brand-new aircraft after Hong Kong Airlines canceled its order for this 787-9.
So, if you’re around Seattle this week, make a trip up to Everett to get up close to this special plane. You’ll make AvGeeks jealous around the world.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.