Stop the presses: A Blockbuster pop-up just opened in New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Stop what you’re doing, because Blockbuster just opened a pop-up in New York City.
(We’ll let that sink in for a minute.)
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Everyone’s favorite video rental store from the 1990s is back in action … at least for the next week. From Dec. 6 to Dec. 15, lifestyle and streetwear brand Dumbgood will revive the beloved destination for VHS, DVD and video game rentals at an event in the Big Apple. While there won’t be any actual videotapes available, there will be T-shirts, sweatshirts, backpacks, coffee mugs and totes galore. The totes even say “Be Kind, Rewind” — words to live by.
If you weren’t excited already, there will also be an assortment of merchandise from some of your favorite 90s shows and movies, including “Cruel Intentions,” “Titanic,” “Seinfeld” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Prices of merchandise range from $12 to $368. Happy hunting, Sebastian.
We’re guessing the aesthetic will look familiar, because the pop-up is designed to mimic your favorite childhood store. So, get ready for all the nostalgia your Claire’s-loving heart can handle. The pop-up will be open at 13 Crosby St. from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. There’s also an online collection if you can’t make it to New York City.
While this pop-up will only be around for a week, we do have some good news: Blockbuster is not entirely extinct. In fact, there’s one franchise store left in the world — and it’s in Bend, Oregon. Sounds like a trip to Oregon is in order, right? You’ll want to read this guide on how to use Google Flights first, though. That way, you can save your money to stock up on all the copies of “Drake & Josh” you’ve ever wanted.
Blockbuster, once the pinnacle of video rentals, has been decimated by streaming services such as Amazon and Netflix in recent years. If that’s more your speed, or you want to watch a movie without leaving the comfort of your bed (we get it), you’ll want to brush up and make sure you have one of the best cards for streaming services on hand.
Featured image courtesy of Scott Olson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees