There’s Only One Way Into Blade’s GX Discount Program: Your Age
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re based in New York City and are looking for an easy way to escape to the Hamptons or Nantucket this summer, Blade-GX could be a great solution for you, assuming you’re young enough. Blade-GX is a special program from the helicopter service reserved for select travelers: those between 18 and 27 years old.
The program offers members a discount of $150 per seat on flights between Manhattan and the Hamptons and Nantucket for summer 2019. Members can also save $250 on BLADEone flights between New York and Miami. With a cost of only $295 to join Blade-GX, membership could pay for it self with only two flights.
Blade-GX members enjoy other perks as well:
- Access to Blade lounges
- All Weather Ground Transport Guarantee: If weather cancels a flight, Blade will get you out to East Hampton via chauffered car
- Private cocktail parties (for those +21) as well as wine and spirits tastings in Blade-serviced locations
- Blade swag: T-shirts, tank tops, bags, hats and more
Terms and conditions state that Nantucket flights are applicable to Westchester departures or arrivals only, and that BLADE-GX does not count towards reduced-fare flights or flights under $695. The discount is only applicable to the cardholder. Membership purchased after September 25, 2018 expires on September 30, 2019.
Unfortunately, if you are headed to the airport, Blade-GX isn’t going to help you get there. Of course if you’re flying in and out of La Guardia, even without the discount it might be worth it to take a Blade ride just to avoid the construction or avoid dealing with where you now have to catch your ride share or cab. If you’re an Amex Platinum cardholder you might be taking a free Blade flight to the airport anyway.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.