This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tired of facing traffic from Manhattan to the airport each time you leave the city for work or on vacation? If you’re willing to throw some money at the problem, a new program from BLADE which kicks off on March 25 will cut your airport commute down to a five-minute helicopter flight.
As part of the new BLADE Continuous service, BLADE is offering transport services for $195 one way between Manhattan and John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) on weekdays from 7am to 7pm. (Note: This route is not covered under the BLADE Unlimited Pass, which only covers flights to the Hamptons.)
Manhattan flights will depart from the BLADE Lounge West at the West 30th Street Heliport, located just steps from the newly-opened Hudson Yards complex, where dozens of major commercial brands are vying for high-profile office space. At JFK, BLADE service will include ground transportation between the helipad and all commercial terminals. The private helicopter service will also have a presence in the lobby of the highly anticipated TWA Hotel, where hotel guests will be able to arrange BLADE flights to Manhattan, or any other BLADE-served destination.
The new Manhattan-JFK weekday service launch is the next phase of BLADE’s continued expansion into commercial aviation. Just a few weeks prior, BLADE announced an optional escorted transfer service for American Airlines travelers departing or arriving in New York or Los Angeles.
BLADE isn’t the first helicopter company to address the hellish Manhattan-to-airport commute from a higher perspective. Last summer, United began offering helicopter transfers from the Big Apple to its hub in Newark.
Check out TPG‘s review of the Manhattan-JFK BLADE Continuous service, and use coupon code BRIANF&F for $100 off of your first Continuous service.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images courtesy of BLADE.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees