‘BLADE Continuous’ Now Offering Helicopter Rides From Manhattan to JFK All Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tired of facing traffic from Manhattan to the airport each time you leave the city for work or on vacation? If you’re willing to throw some money at the problem, a new program from BLADE which kicks off on March 25 will cut your airport commute down to a five-minute helicopter flight.
As part of the new BLADE Continuous service, BLADE is offering transport services for $195 one way between Manhattan and John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) on weekdays from 7am to 7pm. (Note: This route is not covered under the BLADE Unlimited Pass, which only covers flights to the Hamptons.)
Manhattan flights will depart from the BLADE Lounge West at the West 30th Street Heliport, located just steps from the newly-opened Hudson Yards complex, where dozens of major commercial brands are vying for high-profile office space. At JFK, BLADE service will include ground transportation between the helipad and all commercial terminals. The private helicopter service will also have a presence in the lobby of the highly anticipated TWA Hotel, where hotel guests will be able to arrange BLADE flights to Manhattan, or any other BLADE-served destination.
The new Manhattan-JFK weekday service launch is the next phase of BLADE’s continued expansion into commercial aviation. Just a few weeks prior, BLADE announced an optional escorted transfer service for American Airlines travelers departing or arriving in New York or Los Angeles.
BLADE isn’t the first helicopter company to address the hellish Manhattan-to-airport commute from a higher perspective. Last summer, United began offering helicopter transfers from the Big Apple to its hub in Newark.
Check out TPG‘s review of the Manhattan-JFK BLADE Continuous service, and use coupon code BRIANF&F for $50 off of your first Continuous service.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images courtesy of BLADE.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.