This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Starwood Preferred Guest® Luxury Credit Card from American Express
Be sure to bookmark this post, as we’ll be updating it through Cyber Monday 2018. If you spot a deal that isn’t listed below, please share it in the comments. Also, see our Black Friday flight deal roundup here and our travel accessory roundup here.
Finding deals at TPG is our M.O. But it’s that time of year when you’re so inundated with sales that it’s hard to know which ones are worth taking advantage of. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for hotels to help you save serious cash when planning your next trip.
Make sure to bookmark this page, as we will continually be updating it with new offers as they appear. Many of these deals can booked through the Citi Prestige concierge, so if you happen to have a Citi Prestige card, this is a great opportunity to save even more using that card’s 4th Night Free benefit. If booking with an OTA, make sure to click through a shopping portal — check Cashback Monitor for the best shopping portal rates.
If you do take advantage of one of these deals and don’t have a Citi Prestige make sure to pay with a travel or hotels rewards credit card, consider one from our list of the best hotel credit cards of 2018:
- Best for Hotels.com: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Best for Marriott: Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card
- Best for Hilton: Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express
- Best for Hyatt: The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Best for IHG: IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- Best for earning on hotels and travel: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
11/22/2018 5:30 ET UPDATE: Expedia is offering a 15% off coupon for a hotel stay, using promo code: GRATEFUL. There’s no minimum spend amount required, but the coupon is only “while supplies last” so if you have a big redemption in mind, it’s a good idea to book now.
Expedia will kick off its Black Friday deals at 12pm ET on the day after Thanksgiving with four different coupons travelers can take advantage of. These deals are only available while supplies last, so you’ll want to take advantage of them ASAP.:
- Coupon 1: 75% off standalone hotels
- Coupon 2: 10% off standalone hotels
- Coupon 3: $500 off $1,000 vacation packages
- Coupon 4: $25 of $50 activities
Cyber Monday deals will launch at 12pm ET on Nov. 27. Each coupon listed below will only last one hour and then disappear, with the next one taking its place. The final coupon will expire at 6pm ET that night.
- Coupon 1: 90% off in the Expedia App
- Coupon 2: 50% off standalone hotels
- Coupon 3: $50 off standalone flight
- Coupon 4: 10% off standalone hotels
- Coupon 5: $100 off $1,000 Vacation Packages
- Coupon 6: $100 off $200 activities
Hilton is offering 50% off hotel bookings in Japan, South Korea, Maldives, Thailand and Guam until Nov. 23 at 2:00pm ET for Hilton Honors Members. Some of the hotels included in the promotion are Hilton Tokyo for $204.06 (normally $408.11) a night and the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, which is offering its luxurious deluxe suite for $152.30 (normally $304.06). Deals are also available for TPG favorite: The Conrad Maldives Hotel, which boasts extravagant beachfront villas with gardens, “bathing pavilions” and their very own private pools. Discounted rates are also available to non HH members at 40% off booking.
One of Expedia’s popular brands, Hotels.com, will launch its Black Friday promotion on Friday, Nov. 23, where customers will compete in a mystery scratch-off game where they’ll save between 7%-10% off hotel reservations while a few lucky winners will receive 99% off a booking (note that there’s a $1,000 limit on that coupon). Any property should receive the discount, but you’ll have to book by Monday, Nov. 26 if you want to save on your next Hotels.com stay. Try to pay with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card at Hotels.com/Venture if you can for unlimited 10x miles.
Hotwire will reward you if you book through its app with a hotel sale that starts this Tuesday, Nov. 20. Travelers can save $10 off $100+ hotel bookings, $40 off $300+ hotel bookings, $75 off $500+ hotel bookings. On Cyber Monday the OTA will launch a sitewide sale with 11% off its “Hot Rate Hotels” by using the promo code: TREATYOURSELF — the deal lasts from Nov. 25 at 8pm PT through Nov. 26 at 11pm PT.
IHG Hotels is having a sale across its 5,500 properties around the world with its Cyber Week Sale promotion that will offer discounts starting at 25% off the best available rate. Sweetening the deal even more, members of IHG’s loyalty program can earn another 3%+ off their stay and will receive 50% more elite qualifying bonus points per dollar when booking a bonus points package. You’ll need to book between Nov. 23 and Nov. 30, 2018, for stays between Nov. 26, 2018, and March 31, 2019.
If you’re a frequent InterContinental visitor, you can earn 10,000 bonus points when you enroll in the InterContinental Ambassador Program between Nov. 23 and Nov. 30. This program grants benefits like room upgrades, 4pm checkouts and a free weekend night at InterContinental properties.
And, IHG members can book Points & Cash bookings — which can be a backdoor way of buying cheap points — for 15% off the cash portion when booking between Nov. 23 and Nov. 30 for stays between Nov. 26 and Dec. 31.
Starting on Nov. 19, some Kimpton properties will donate $5 per night booked to the following charities: The Trevor Project and No Kid Hungry.
Meliá Hotels is offering up to 50% plus free stays for children in select hotels around the world redeemable with the Meliá Rewards program. The deal is up for grabs until Sunday, Nov. 25 with availability in over 350 cities in 40 countries. Booking can be done either online or on the Meliá app. Some deals we’re seeing for the promotion include a stay in Benidorm’s Sol Pelícanos Ocas for $55 a night, $58 a night at Meliá Berlin and $71 a night at Meliá Athens.
NH Hotel Group
NH Hotel Group, the biggest hotel group you’ve probably never heard of, is offering up to 50% off bookings and double points for NH Rewards members. Hotels are located in countries around the US, South America and Europe and stays for these deals fall between Nov. 29, 2019 and March 31, 2019. All bookings must be done before Tuesday, Nov. 27. Some notable stays we found were at the NH Nice for $64 a night, the NH Prague for $68 a night and the NH Buenos Aires Crillon for $79 a night.
Priceline is back with its Express Deals that offer up to 50% in additional savings on hotels (as well as savings on flights and rental cars). You’ll need to be an email subscriber to receive the deals, which launch at 5am ET on Black Friday (Friday, Nov. 23). Priceline will launch another sale on Cyber Monday that includes 1,000 emailed coupon codes that unlock 99% savings on hotels — and for those not lucky enough to receive a nearly free hotel stay, the OTA will unleash additional hotel deals.
Starting at 12am on Nov. 21, Wyndham Extra Holidays is offering up to 50% off hotels and resorts for bookings through Dec. 31, 2018, at the following four locations:
- Legacy Golf Resort (50% off) – Phoenix, AZ
- Desert Rose Resort (40% off) – Las Vegas, NV
- Wyndham Austin (25% off) – Austin, TX
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (25% off) – Orlando, FL
Then on Cyber Monday, the sale will expand to 19 more properties where travelers can stay in variety of locations from Atlantic City all the way to the beaches of Kauai. Wyndham Extra Holiday locations make solid options for family travelers since they offer suites and larger rooms at affordable prices.
Book by November 27, 2018 to get up to 40% off One&Only resorts worldwide in aspirational locations such as Dubai, the Maldives, Cape Town and Los Cabos. TPG himself recently stayed at the One&Only Cape Town, which is offering 40% off on stays between December 15-23, 2018.
Featured image of the Sheraton Kauai courtesy of the hotel.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees