Baking with Biscoff: Your favorite airline snack just got even better
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many of us at TPG love Lotus Biscoff cookies. Maybe it’s because they’ve been given out on so many airlines over the years. Delta Air Lines is probably the most famous name associated with the brand. Delta began serving them back in the 1990s and over the years they’ve also appeared and then disappeared from several airlines — including American Airlines and United Airlines.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
TikTok star James Lamprey is also a fan and we partnered with the celebrity chef (@officialfunfoods on TikTok) last month to see what kind of magic he could make with the famous cookies. We couldn’t be more excited about what he came up with.
Delta sent cookies to TPG and to Lamprey. Below is the TikTok video where he shows us how he made an incredible dessert using Biscoff cookies (and some Biscoff cookie butter!) provided by Delta. We’ve also added the recipe below, so you can make this Biscoff pie at home … if you just can’t get enough.
Biscoff cookie pie recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Cooling time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours, 28 minutes
- 25 to 30 Biscoff cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 6 Biscoff cookies (for decoration)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Biscoff cookie butter (creamy)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃).
- Put the Biscoff cookies in a food processor and grind until they are fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, then let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream just until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cookie butter, sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream just until combined.
- Pour on cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Drizzle caramel sauce or melted Biscoff cookie butter over the pie and decorate with extra Biscoff cookies (optional).
- Refrigerate until firm (about 4-6 hours).
- Cut and serve.
This simple recipe is the perfect antidote to your travel woes and an excuse to satiate your sweet tooth while you wait for your next trip. Thanks to chef James Lamprey for creating and sharing this delicious Biscoff pie recipe — we can’t wait to try it!
Featured photo courtesy of Lotus Biscoff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees