Bird Tries to Hitch a Ride on This Cross-Country Flight to New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An unconventional stowaway was caught on a flight from San Fransisco (SFO) to Newark (EWR).
The culprit, a little bird who most definitely didn’t pay for his ticket, wasn’t playing it very coy as he flew laps around the main cabin of United Airlines Flight 1796.
The airline called for a “maintenance delay” to resolve the issue. However, according to a video posted by passenger Jasreen Gupta, passengers were more entertained than bothered by the game of cat and mouse (or flight attendant and bird, in this case) that ensued.
The bird flaps through the runway in the video seen above. Unfortunately, it didn’t have the tact that this bird, who made it all the way from Bangkok to Doha, did in April.
Gupta, in a follow-up tweet, also mentioned that the bird was eventually caught in a staff member’s hat and safely released before he could make his cross-country journey. So next time he (or she) wants to visit New York, he’s going to have to do it the old-fashioned way. Hopefully, the incident didn’t land him on any no-fly lists.
Featured Image by Meinzahn via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees