This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express and Best Western have partnered through the Amex Offers program to offer targeted cardholders bonus Membership Rewards points or a statement credit after spending $100 or more with Best Western. This offer is sweetened by a current gift card promotion from Best Western.
If you aren’t familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders. Recent offers include up to 20% cash back on Delta flights, 16% cash back on Amex Travel hotel bookings, 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with Air France or KLM and 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $300+ with Hilton.
Now through August 8, targeted cardholders can get 2,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or a $20 statement credit for spending “a minimum of $100+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Best Western.”
Based on the offer terms, bookings must be:
- Made directly using Best Western’s website, mobile app or call center
- For properties in the US, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands
- Paid using the Amex card with the offer before August 8
Given TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards points, this 2,000-point bonus is worth $38, which is nearly double the statement credit option. However, remember that Amex Offers are usually targeted, so not every American Express card will have this offer and you’re limited to whichever offer you’re targeted for, if any. Out of my five American Express cards, only my Platinum Card® from American Express was targeted.
In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log into your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see all the offers.
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, remember that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer, per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards under a single login (or try using multiple private browsers or moving cards to separate logins).
This offer also serves as a reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex. And if you have multiple American Express cards, be sure to check each one.
Sweeten the Deal
Best Western is running a promotion this summer where members that register and stay at a Best Western branded hotel before September 3, 2018 will get a $20 Best Western gift card after their first eligible stay. Sign up for the promotion on Best Western’s website before your stay.
The terms for this promotion are straight forward and an eligible stay is defined as “any point/mile-eligible stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator or a stay booked at a special discounted rate.”
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards