This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express and Best Western have partnered through the Amex Offers program to offer targeted cardholders bonus Membership Rewards points or a statement credit after spending $100 or more with Best Western. This offer is sweetened by a current gift card promotion from Best Western.
If you aren’t familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders. Recent offers include up to 20% cash back on Delta flights, 16% cash back on Amex Travel hotel bookings, 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with Air France or KLM and 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $300+ with Hilton.
Now through August 8, targeted cardholders can get 2,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or a $20 statement credit for spending “a minimum of $100+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Best Western.”
Based on the offer terms, bookings must be:
- Made directly using Best Western’s website, mobile app or call center
- For properties in the US, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands
- Paid using the Amex card with the offer before August 8
Given TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards points, this 2,000-point bonus is worth $38, which is nearly double the statement credit option. However, remember that Amex Offers are usually targeted, so not every American Express card will have this offer and you’re limited to whichever offer you’re targeted for, if any. Out of my five American Express cards, only my Platinum Card® from American Express was targeted.
In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log into your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see all the offers.
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, remember that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer, per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards under a single login (or try using multiple private browsers or moving cards to separate logins).
This offer also serves as a reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex. And if you have multiple American Express cards, be sure to check each one.
Sweeten the Deal
Best Western is running a promotion this summer where members that register and stay at a Best Western branded hotel before September 3, 2018 will get a $20 Best Western gift card after their first eligible stay. Sign up for the promotion on Best Western’s website before your stay.
The terms for this promotion are straight forward and an eligible stay is defined as “any point/mile-eligible stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator or a stay booked at a special discounted rate.”
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees