You Can Enter to Win a Trip to Belize’s New Overwater Bungalow Co-Working Space
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bleisure — a combination of business and leisure travel — has become a monumentally popular travel trend that allows travelers to enjoy a vacation without having to get behind on work. According to Project: Time Off, a study on the state of American vacation habits, the top reasons behind this trend are that people fear: looking replaceable at their workplace (61 percent), a heavy workload (56 percent) and lack of coverage by co-workers (56 percent).
Now, Belize is contributing to the bleisure scene, too. In the name of what it’s calling “Belizesure,” the country has opened up the world’s first overwater bungalow co-working space, and the Belize Tourism Board is running a contest to give away an all-expenses paid five-day trip for two on the tiny private island of Tobacco Caye, 10 miles off the coast of Belize.
While considering the widespread fear of fully unplugging from work, Belize has harnessed everything you’d look for in an island getaway and blended that with an optimal work space — that is, assuming you’ll even get to opening your laptop. Check out the video below.
That’s right: Belize is promising pretty okay Wi-Fi, executive parking (for your kayaks, of course), one of those trendy standing desks, a clock set to island time, a “creative juice station” stocked with everything you’ll need to get through the week, ambient “blue” noise of the ocean and more.
“Not only is Belize a curious place — it also is a productive place,” said Karen Bevans, director of tourism for the Belize Tourism Board. “The Belizean tourism industry is fully committed to accommodating the needs of our guests, whether they’re seeking a rainforest adventure, world-class scuba diving along the Belize Barrier Reef or a relaxing overwater bungalow to finish laying out the last slides of a presentation … if you must.”
If you’re just as sold as we are, enter to visit the overwater bungalow by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’re the perfect candidate. Whether or not you decide to set up an out-of-office if you win is up to you.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Belize Tourism Board.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees