You Can Enter to Win a Trip to Belize’s New Overwater Bungalow Co-Working Space
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bleisure — a combination of business and leisure travel — has become a monumentally popular travel trend that allows travelers to enjoy a vacation without having to get behind on work. According to Project: Time Off, a study on the state of American vacation habits, the top reasons behind this trend are that people fear: looking replaceable at their workplace (61 percent), a heavy workload (56 percent) and lack of coverage by co-workers (56 percent).
Now, Belize is contributing to the bleisure scene, too. In the name of what it’s calling “Belizesure,” the country has opened up the world’s first overwater bungalow co-working space, and the Belize Tourism Board is running a contest to give away an all-expenses paid five-day trip for two on the tiny private island of Tobacco Caye, 10 miles off the coast of Belize.
While considering the widespread fear of fully unplugging from work, Belize has harnessed everything you’d look for in an island getaway and blended that with an optimal work space — that is, assuming you’ll even get to opening your laptop. Check out the video below.
That’s right: Belize is promising pretty okay Wi-Fi, executive parking (for your kayaks, of course), one of those trendy standing desks, a clock set to island time, a “creative juice station” stocked with everything you’ll need to get through the week, ambient “blue” noise of the ocean and more.
“Not only is Belize a curious place — it also is a productive place,” said Karen Bevans, director of tourism for the Belize Tourism Board. “The Belizean tourism industry is fully committed to accommodating the needs of our guests, whether they’re seeking a rainforest adventure, world-class scuba diving along the Belize Barrier Reef or a relaxing overwater bungalow to finish laying out the last slides of a presentation … if you must.”
If you’re just as sold as we are, enter to visit the overwater bungalow by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’re the perfect candidate. Whether or not you decide to set up an out-of-office if you win is up to you.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Belize Tourism Board.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.