Get Paid $10,000 to Travel Around the US and Canada Searching for Paint Colors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travel is inspiring in many ways. You can learn a new cuisine, start a fresh wellness regimen or learn another language. You may also find a new paint color for your home. At least, that’s what the folks over at Behr Paint think.
The paint company recently revealed they’re hiring a “color explorer” this summer to hit the road to find novel colors. Yes, this dream job would consist of venturing across the United States and Canada to find color inspiration and then create and name new Behr Paint colors that people will be able to purchase.
“People are fascinated by the paint color-naming process. It requires a lot of time and creativity because each name tells a microstory about the specific shade,” Erika Woelfel, vice president of color and creative services at Behr Paint, said in a statement. “Our color experts travel the globe tracking down emerging color trends, and we’re excited to give our Behr Color Explorer a glimpse into this process by sending them on a search for new, dynamic hues to add to Behr Paint’s color collection.”
As part of the gig, the lucky winner would get $10,000 in addition to having their travel expenses paid. The requirements would include taking detailed photographs and jotting down field notes for the colors. Also, the journey would be documented on the company’s social media pages.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by BEHR® Paint (@behrpaint) on
So, where should the winner go? Behr suggests kayaking the glacial blues of Lake Louise in Banff, Canada, or snapping pictures of the bold exteriors of Charleston’s Georgian row houses along Rainbow Row.
The Points Guy recommends that the winner hike through the nuanced reds and oranges of Antelope Canyon and the rainbow rock formations at the Vermilion Cliffs, both in Arizona. Or perhaps the color explorer will have the good fortune of experiencing the ever-shifting hues of the aurora borealis in Northern Canada.
Interested in applying? Visit behr.com/colorexplorer and tell the company, in 150 words or less, what color inspires you most and why by May 15. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid passport and reside in either the continental US or Canada.
Featured photo by Russn Fckr / Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.