Get Paid $10,000 to Travel Around the US and Canada Searching for Paint Colors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travel is inspiring in many ways. You can learn a new cuisine, start a fresh wellness regimen or learn another language. You may also find a new paint color for your home. At least, that’s what the folks over at Behr Paint think.
The paint company recently revealed they’re hiring a “color explorer” this summer to hit the road to find novel colors. Yes, this dream job would consist of venturing across the United States and Canada to find color inspiration and then create and name new Behr Paint colors that people will be able to purchase.
“People are fascinated by the paint color-naming process. It requires a lot of time and creativity because each name tells a microstory about the specific shade,” Erika Woelfel, vice president of color and creative services at Behr Paint, said in a statement. “Our color experts travel the globe tracking down emerging color trends, and we’re excited to give our Behr Color Explorer a glimpse into this process by sending them on a search for new, dynamic hues to add to Behr Paint’s color collection.”
As part of the gig, the lucky winner would get $10,000 in addition to having their travel expenses paid. The requirements would include taking detailed photographs and jotting down field notes for the colors. Also, the journey would be documented on the company’s social media pages.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by BEHR® Paint (@behrpaint) on
So, where should the winner go? Behr suggests kayaking the glacial blues of Lake Louise in Banff, Canada, or snapping pictures of the bold exteriors of Charleston’s Georgian row houses along Rainbow Row.
The Points Guy recommends that the winner hike through the nuanced reds and oranges of Antelope Canyon and the rainbow rock formations at the Vermilion Cliffs, both in Arizona. Or perhaps the color explorer will have the good fortune of experiencing the ever-shifting hues of the aurora borealis in Northern Canada.
Interested in applying? Visit behr.com/colorexplorer and tell the company, in 150 words or less, what color inspires you most and why by May 15. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid passport and reside in either the continental US or Canada.
Featured photo by Russn Fckr / Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees