A peek behind the scenes at the Las Vegas airport, up to $50 off of Amazon and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
You can swap your skills for free accommodations in many places around the world.
We’re strategic about the way we maximize our credit card usage on key business expenses such as advertising.
The airline’s Boeing 787-8s and 787-9s will be the last planes to be retrofitted with the upgraded cabin configuration.
From working on the ground to piloting through the skies, Claudia Zapata-Cardone has done it all.
The planes have been out of commission for the better part of a year by now.
TPG’s director of content took her two little girls to a resort that boasted an unfinished water park, rooms with no pillows and nails haphazardly left beside the swimming pool. You can read the full review here.
You don’t have to be flying Turkish Airlines in order to access its lounge located in Concourse E.
‘Tis the season to be early on board: Alaska Airlines is offering advance boarding to passengers brandishing the coffee chain’s latest seasonal beverage container.
Here’s how you might be able to save up to $50 on Amazon using just one Amex Membership Rewards point
These deals are targeted, so click here to see if you’re eligible for the discount.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee