This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, it was announced that Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, a popular all-inclusive resort in Providenciales, was slated to close indefinitely in 2021. The impending closure was said to be the result of long-standing issues at the resort around a $60 million tax dispute.
The resort had allowed guests to make changes to their reservations or cancel their stay altogether. However, a representative from a PR firm hired by the resort contacted TPG on Saturday to confirm that the property is no longer slated to close, although no details were provided about what prompted this decision or if the tax situation has been resolved.
Instead, Beaches Turks & Caicos will continue to operate normally with one exception: The resort will close for scheduled improvements and renovations on September 3 and will reopen on October 14, 2019.
Beaches Turks & Caicos is one of the largest resorts on the island and had received numerous awards at the time the closure was initially announced.
With Beaches Turks & Caicos no longer slated to close, the 758-room hotel is accepting reservations through the end of 2022. The family-friendly all-inclusive packs a punch when it comes to activities for families, including the kids camp, land and water activities and an exclusive partnership with Sesame Street characters, all covered in the cost.
For more, read up on the six things to know before you go to Turks & Caicos. And if you do decide to book a stay, it’s still probably a good idea to at least use a credit card that has some level of built-in protections, just in case.
Featured image courtesy of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees