Get free admission to US museums through Bank of America this weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Did you know you can get free entry at hundreds of museums around the country by simply holding the right credit card?
That’s right: Bank of America’s “Museums on Us” program offers free general admission access at 225 cultural institutions in dozens of cities across the United States.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For the past 24 years, the Museums on Us program offers free admission to cultural institutions nationwide during the first full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of every month. It’s a great money-saving perk for anyone who holds a Bank of America or Bank of America Private Bank (US Trust) credit or debit card, such as the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card or the Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card.
The next eligible “Museums on Us” dates are this weekend: Dec. 4 and 5.
There are dozens of interesting (and cool) spots to spend the day. And this program could save you a bit of cash, as some museums on the list, like the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) and the Metropolitan Museum of art, cost $25 for a general admission adult ticket.
There is even a map of the U.S. cities along with museums and science centers that participate.
Keep in mind that, due to the new Omicron variant, you are encouraged to make a reservation before your museum visit. Depending on the state, mask mandates and other safety protocols for indoor settings may be in place.
How to get in for free
To get in for free, simply visit on the first full weekend of each month and flash an eligible credit or debit card, along with a photo ID along with proof of vaccination for some of the spots on the list, depending on the city. With the Bank of America rewards credit cards above you’re eligible to receive one general admission ticket.
If you and your partner both have one of these cards, you’ll each need to present one to gain free entry. Most ticketed shows, special exhibits or fundraising events are excluded.
If you do have to shell out for additional tickets for other members of your group, be sure to use a credit card that rewards you for entertainment spending.
Featured photo courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees