Get free admission to US museums through Bank of America this weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a monthly article that gets updated frequently.
Did you know you can get free entry at hundreds of museums around the country by simply holding the right credit card?
That’s right: Bank of America’s “Museums on Us” program offers free general admission access at more than 225 cultural institutions in dozens of cities across the United States.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For the past 24 years, the Museums on Us program has offered free admission to cultural institutions nationwide during the first full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of every month. It’s a great money-saving perk for anyone who holds a Bank of America or Bank of America Private Bank (US Trust) credit or debit card, such as the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card or the Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card.
The next eligible “Museums on Us” dates are this weekend, Feb. 5 and 6.
There are dozens of interesting (and cool) spots to spend the day. And this program could save you a bit of cash, as some museums on the list, like the Museum of Modern Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, cost $25 for a general admission adult ticket.
There is even a map of the U.S. cities along with museums and science centers that participate.
Keep in mind that, due to the omicron variant, you are encouraged to make a reservation before your museum visit. Depending on the state, proof of vaccination, mask mandates and other safety protocols for indoor settings may be in place.
How to get in for free
To get in for free, simply visit on the first full weekend of each month and flash an eligible credit or debit card, along with a photo ID and proof of vaccination for some of the spots on the list, depending on the city. With the Bank of America credit cards above you’re eligible to receive one general admission ticket.
If you and your partner both have one of these cards, you’ll each need to present one to gain free entry. Most ticketed shows, special exhibits and fundraising events are excluded.
If you do have to shell out for additional tickets for other members of your group, be sure to use a credit card that rewards you for entertainment spending.
Featured photo courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees