British Airways New 777 Club Suite Coming to New York From October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the news that British Airways would commence refurbishment of its Boeing 777 aircraft to install its highly anticipated new Club Suite comes details of its first dedicated route.
Despite the aircraft previously operating to a range of destinations including Boston (BOS), Dubai (DXB) and Dallas (DFW), British Airways is reportedly dedicating the refurbished product to the following flights from Oct. 27, 2019:
- BA177 London Heathrow (LHR) 1:00pm Departure → New York (JFK) 5:10pm Arrival
- BA174 New York (JFK) 7:50pm Departure → London Heathrow (LHR) 6:50am Arrival (+1 day)
The seat map for these flights is showing the new 1-2-1 Club Suite in business class with direct aisle access and sliding doors, which should be a huge improvement to the current product.
The seat map also shows a refurbished first class cabin, which will reduce the total number of seats down from 14 to only eight, which may see less Avios availability in first class.
The refurbished product appears on these flights for most days between Oct. 27 and early March 2020, where it then reverts back to an un-refurbished product with the previous-generation product. Note that these schedules remain highly subject to change, so keep your eye on the seat maps on these routes if you are keen to try the new product.
There is some Avios availability for this product — you will be looking at 50,000 Avios one-way in business class for an off-peak date, and 60,000 Avios one-way for a peak date.
As previously suggested, British Airways appears to be dedicating the new product to one route following rival Virgin Atlantic’s decision to do so with its new Upper Class suite product on its first Airbus A350.
Featured image by British Airways.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee