Avelo adds new Las Vegas route as it fine tunes West Coast route map
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Avelo Airlines continues to adjust its West Coast route map, this time announcing a second route from Las Vegas.
That will come Nov. 18, when the budget startup carrier begins flying nonstop between Las Vegas (LAS) and the Redwood Coast-Humboldt County Airport (ACV) near the northern California town of Eureka.
Avelo, which already flies from Eureka to its main base in Burbank (BUR), will have no direct competition on the new Las Vegas service.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The airline will offer two flights a week on the route, operating on the following schedule:
- Avelo Flight 147: ACV => LAS: Departs 3 p.m., lands 4:45 p.m., all times local (Thursday, Sunday)
- Avelo Flight 148: LAS => ACV: Departs 5:25 p.m., lands 7:25 p.m., all times local (Thursday, Sunday)
Flight review: Try it, you’ll like it: Flying on startup airline Avelo
From Las Vegas, Eureka will join the Santa Rosa in California’s Sonoma County wine country as Avelo’s second destination.
Since then, however, Avelo has scrapped several underperforming routes – to places such as Bozeman, Montana (BZN); Monterey, California (MRY); and St. George, Utah (SGU) – while adding several others.
Rolling the dice: New startup airline Avelo is adding Las Vegas, but will it work?
But it’s biggest adjustment so far came in July, when Avelo announced it would expand to Las Vegas with flights to Santa Rosa – giving the airline its first route that didn’t touch its base in Burbank.
Head East, young airline: Avelo Airlines unveils first 4 routes from new East Coast base
All in on Florida: Avelo Airlines is already adding a fifth route from New Haven
Featured photo by Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for Avelo Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees