Authorities Discover $110K Worth of Cocaine Hidden in Liquor Bottle at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Customs officials at JFK Airport arrested a woman on Sunday after they found six pounds of cocaine in her possession. After landing in New York from Kingston, Jamaica, Stefisha Miller — a Jamaican citizen — was stopped by authorities after they discovered two bottles of Bailey’s Irish Cream in her duty-free box — one of the bottles reportedly contained a bag of white powder.
After testing the white substance, the results came back positive for cocaine. The seized cocaine weighed six pounds and had a street value of $110,000, authorities reported.
“The smuggling of illicit drugs poses a significant threat to our nation, and CBP does its part in keeping these drugs off our streets,” Francis J. Russo, Acting Director of CBP’s New York Field Operations, said in a statement. “As America’s unified border security agency, our employees are determined to protect the public from these substances.”
In March, a Jamaican crew-member for Fly Jamaica was arrested after authorities discovered nine pounds of cocaine strapped to his legs. The street value of that seizure was estimated to be $160,000.
Miller was arrested at the airport and faces Federal narcotics smuggling charges.
H/T: CBS New York
Image courtesy of Customs and Border Protection.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees