Authorities Discover $110K Worth of Cocaine Hidden in Liquor Bottle at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Customs officials at JFK Airport arrested a woman on Sunday after they found six pounds of cocaine in her possession. After landing in New York from Kingston, Jamaica, Stefisha Miller — a Jamaican citizen — was stopped by authorities after they discovered two bottles of Bailey’s Irish Cream in her duty-free box — one of the bottles reportedly contained a bag of white powder.
After testing the white substance, the results came back positive for cocaine. The seized cocaine weighed six pounds and had a street value of $110,000, authorities reported.
“The smuggling of illicit drugs poses a significant threat to our nation, and CBP does its part in keeping these drugs off our streets,” Francis J. Russo, Acting Director of CBP’s New York Field Operations, said in a statement. “As America’s unified border security agency, our employees are determined to protect the public from these substances.”
In March, a Jamaican crew-member for Fly Jamaica was arrested after authorities discovered nine pounds of cocaine strapped to his legs. The street value of that seizure was estimated to be $160,000.
Miller was arrested at the airport and faces Federal narcotics smuggling charges.
H/T: CBS New York
Image courtesy of Customs and Border Protection.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.