Australian Travel Agency Charters Etihad A380 for Company Celebration
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aussie travel agency Flight Centre is chartering one of Etihad’s A380s to ferry its employees from Sydney to Berlin for the company’s annual “Global Gathering.”
The “Flight Klub”-themed event is the company’s annual celebration for its top-performing travel agents, and is quite a fête in itself, according to reports from past years. Around 3,000 qualified attendees travel to a new destination somewhere in the world to party for three days, with the option to extend the trip for additional excursions afterward. But beginning the celebrations on board an Etihad A380 — with all three cabins available, no less — definitely elevates the jubilee to the next level.
Flight Centre is offering up the A380’s Business Studios, First Class Apartments and even the Etihad Residence for its top 10% of performers, according to One Mile at a Time. The Residence — one of the more exclusive premium seats in the sky — is being offered up as “the ultimate VIP experience.”
Flight Centre agents have been incentivized to earn their spots by specifically selling Etihad travel: Eight seats will be awarded to the top Etihad sellers from each nation, with the top four getting to “experience the ultimate Flight — the Residence by Etihad! With four Residence sectors on the Etihad A380 charter up for grabs, four extremely lucky winners will fly to Global in the world’s most luxurious living space in the air.” It’s not clear if the employees will split time in the Residence between the different legs of the trip.
Qualified agents will earn free economy seating on the chartered flight, and can pay to upgrade themselves.
TPG reached out to Flight Centre for comment but did not receive a response.
Check out TPG’s review of The Residence:
Featured image by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees