This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aussie travel agency Flight Centre is chartering one of Etihad’s A380s to ferry its employees from Sydney to Berlin for the company’s annual “Global Gathering.”
The “Flight Klub”-themed event is the company’s annual celebration for its top-performing travel agents, and is quite a fête in itself, according to reports from past years. Around 3,000 qualified attendees travel to a new destination somewhere in the world to party for three days, with the option to extend the trip for additional excursions afterward. But beginning the celebrations on board an Etihad A380 — with all three cabins available, no less — definitely elevates the jubilee to the next level.
Flight Centre is offering up the A380’s Business Studios, First Class Apartments and even the Etihad Residence for its top 10% of performers, according to One Mile at a Time. The Residence — one of the more exclusive premium seats in the sky — is being offered up as “the ultimate VIP experience.”
Flight Centre agents have been incentivized to earn their spots by specifically selling Etihad travel: Eight seats will be awarded to the top Etihad sellers from each nation, with the top four getting to “experience the ultimate Flight — the Residence by Etihad! With four Residence sectors on the Etihad A380 charter up for grabs, four extremely lucky winners will fly to Global in the world’s most luxurious living space in the air.” It’s not clear if the employees will split time in the Residence between the different legs of the trip.
Qualified agents will earn free economy seating on the chartered flight, and can pay to upgrade themselves.
TPG reached out to Flight Centre for comment but did not receive a response.
Check out TPG’s review of The Residence:
Featured image by The Points Guy.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees