This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aussie travel agency Flight Centre is chartering one of Etihad’s A380s to ferry its employees from Sydney to Berlin for the company’s annual “Global Gathering.”
The “Flight Klub”-themed event is the company’s annual celebration for its top-performing travel agents, and is quite a fête in itself, according to reports from past years. Around 3,000 qualified attendees travel to a new destination somewhere in the world to party for three days, with the option to extend the trip for additional excursions afterward. But beginning the celebrations on board an Etihad A380 — with all three cabins available, no less — definitely elevates the jubilee to the next level.
Flight Centre is offering up the A380’s Business Studios, First Class Apartments and even the Etihad Residence for its top 10% of performers, according to One Mile at a Time. The Residence — one of the more exclusive premium seats in the sky — is being offered up as “the ultimate VIP experience.”
Flight Centre agents have been incentivized to earn their spots by specifically selling Etihad travel: Eight seats will be awarded to the top Etihad sellers from each nation, with the top four getting to “experience the ultimate Flight — the Residence by Etihad! With four Residence sectors on the Etihad A380 charter up for grabs, four extremely lucky winners will fly to Global in the world’s most luxurious living space in the air.” It’s not clear if the employees will split time in the Residence between the different legs of the trip.
Qualified agents will earn free economy seating on the chartered flight, and can pay to upgrade themselves.
TPG reached out to Flight Centre for comment but did not receive a response.
Check out TPG’s review of The Residence:
Featured image by The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards