This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aussie travel agency Flight Centre is chartering one of Etihad’s A380s to ferry its employees from Sydney to Berlin for the company’s annual “Global Gathering.”
The “Flight Klub”-themed event is the company’s annual celebration for its top-performing travel agents, and is quite a fête in itself, according to reports from past years. Around 3,000 qualified attendees travel to a new destination somewhere in the world to party for three days, with the option to extend the trip for additional excursions afterward. But beginning the celebrations on board an Etihad A380 — with all three cabins available, no less — definitely elevates the jubilee to the next level.
Flight Centre is offering up the A380’s Business Studios, First Class Apartments and even the Etihad Residence for its top 10% of performers, according to One Mile at a Time. The Residence — one of the more exclusive premium seats in the sky — is being offered up as “the ultimate VIP experience.”
Flight Centre agents have been incentivized to earn their spots by specifically selling Etihad travel: Eight seats will be awarded to the top Etihad sellers from each nation, with the top four getting to “experience the ultimate Flight — the Residence by Etihad! With four Residence sectors on the Etihad A380 charter up for grabs, four extremely lucky winners will fly to Global in the world’s most luxurious living space in the air.” It’s not clear if the employees will split time in the Residence between the different legs of the trip.
Qualified agents will earn free economy seating on the chartered flight, and can pay to upgrade themselves.
TPG reached out to Flight Centre for comment but did not receive a response.
Check out TPG’s review of The Residence:
Featured image by The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees