This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tired of running from restaurant to restaurant at the airport? Get anxious if you’re not at your gate at least 30 minutes before boarding? A little behind schedule? Well, if you’re flying from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) any time soon, we might have just found a solution to your problems. With AtYourGate, you can sit back while the food comes to you.
AtYourGate is an app that launched originally earlier this year at San Diego International Airport (SAN). It functions as a sort of UberEats for the airport, in which food is ordered directly from an app and hand-delivered to the waiting traveler (or employee) at their gate within 20-30 minutes.
Now at Newark, service from the app is can be accessed in Terminal B at Gates 40-47, 51-57 and 60-68, so travelers can fill up on food before a long flight. Other 47 locations will also be hooked up to AtYourGate throughout Terminals A, B and C, however, B is currently the only one with post-security check, direct-to-gate delivery. Auntie Anne’s, Currito Burrito, Famous Famiglia, Jersey Mike’s, Manchu Wok, Sora Sushi Bar and Wendy’s are some of the restaurants participating in the AtYourGate service.
In a press release, AtYourGate stated that it plans to expand to more airports in the future.
Last year, TPG reviewed an app similar to AtYourGate: Grab. Grab is a skip-the-line service, in which travelers can order food via a mobile phone at designated airport restaurants and pick it up. So far, it’s operating in 21 airports including Atlanta (ATL), London Heathrow (LHR) and Los Angeles (LAX). There is also Airport Sherpa, which offers direct-to-gate delivery. However it works — if it reduces wait time, we’re fans.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees