You Can Now Get Food Delivered Directly to Your Gate at Newark Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tired of running from restaurant to restaurant at the airport? Get anxious if you’re not at your gate at least 30 minutes before boarding? A little behind schedule? Well, if you’re flying from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) any time soon, we might have just found a solution to your problems. With AtYourGate, you can sit back while the food comes to you.
AtYourGate is an app that launched originally earlier this year at San Diego International Airport (SAN). It functions as a sort of UberEats for the airport, in which food is ordered directly from an app and hand-delivered to the waiting traveler (or employee) at their gate within 20-30 minutes.
Now at Newark, service from the app is can be accessed in Terminal B at Gates 40-47, 51-57 and 60-68, so travelers can fill up on food before a long flight. Other 47 locations will also be hooked up to AtYourGate throughout Terminals A, B and C, however, B is currently the only one with post-security check, direct-to-gate delivery. Auntie Anne’s, Currito Burrito, Famous Famiglia, Jersey Mike’s, Manchu Wok, Sora Sushi Bar and Wendy’s are some of the restaurants participating in the AtYourGate service.
In a press release, AtYourGate stated that it plans to expand to more airports in the future.
Last year, TPG reviewed an app similar to AtYourGate: Grab. Grab is a skip-the-line service, in which travelers can order food via a mobile phone at designated airport restaurants and pick it up. So far, it’s operating in 21 airports including Atlanta (ATL), London Heathrow (LHR) and Los Angeles (LAX). There is also Airport Sherpa, which offers direct-to-gate delivery. However it works — if it reduces wait time, we’re fans.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.