You Can Now Get Food Delivered Directly to Your Gate at Newark Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tired of running from restaurant to restaurant at the airport? Get anxious if you’re not at your gate at least 30 minutes before boarding? A little behind schedule? Well, if you’re flying from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) any time soon, we might have just found a solution to your problems. With AtYourGate, you can sit back while the food comes to you.
AtYourGate is an app that launched originally earlier this year at San Diego International Airport (SAN). It functions as a sort of UberEats for the airport, in which food is ordered directly from an app and hand-delivered to the waiting traveler (or employee) at their gate within 20-30 minutes.
Now at Newark, service from the app is can be accessed in Terminal B at Gates 40-47, 51-57 and 60-68, so travelers can fill up on food before a long flight. Other 47 locations will also be hooked up to AtYourGate throughout Terminals A, B and C, however, B is currently the only one with post-security check, direct-to-gate delivery. Auntie Anne’s, Currito Burrito, Famous Famiglia, Jersey Mike’s, Manchu Wok, Sora Sushi Bar and Wendy’s are some of the restaurants participating in the AtYourGate service.
In a press release, AtYourGate stated that it plans to expand to more airports in the future.
Last year, TPG reviewed an app similar to AtYourGate: Grab. Grab is a skip-the-line service, in which travelers can order food via a mobile phone at designated airport restaurants and pick it up. So far, it’s operating in 21 airports including Atlanta (ATL), London Heathrow (LHR) and Los Angeles (LAX). There is also Airport Sherpa, which offers direct-to-gate delivery. However it works — if it reduces wait time, we’re fans.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.