London to get a nonstop route to the Faroe Islands this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
London is getting a nonstop connection to the popular destination of the Faroe Islands. Beginning this summer, Atlantic Airways will fly nonstop between London and Vágar, Faroe Islands.
The flag carrier of the Faroe Islands, Atlantic Airways, will offer nonstop service between London Gatwick (LGW) and Vágar (FAE). The route will operate just one time per week on Tuesdays between June 23 and Aug. 11, 2020.
The route will operate on the following schedule on Tuesdays only:
- RC420 Vágar (FAE) 11:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LGW) 2 p.m. Arrival
- RC421 London (LGW) 3:25 p.m. Departure ⇒ Vágar (FAE) 5:35 p.m. Arrival
Unfortunately, pricing information for the route isn’t yet available, as tickets don’t go on sale until 26 February. However, the airline said that fares will be available on the route from $110 (£85) one-way.
Related reading: Why you should visit the Faroe Islands
The 801-mile journey will be operated by the carrier’s A320neo. The airline has just three aircraft in its fleet — one A319, one A320 and one A320neo — along with helicopters.
On the A320neo (OY-RCK), which will operate this London route, passengers can expect 174 seats.
In addition to this service between Gatwick and Vágar, Atlantic Airways also operates nonstop service to Edinburgh (EDI), Reykjavik (KEF), Paris (CDG), Copenhagen (CPH) and more.
Previously, Atlantic Airways operated nonstop service between Vágar and London Stansted. This summer seasonal service represents the first direct connection to London since that 2014 service.
Featured photo by Possnov/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.