London to get a nonstop route to the Faroe Islands this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
London is getting a nonstop connection to the popular destination of the Faroe Islands. Beginning this summer, Atlantic Airways will fly nonstop between London and Vágar, Faroe Islands.
The flag carrier of the Faroe Islands, Atlantic Airways, will offer nonstop service between London Gatwick (LGW) and Vágar (FAE). The route will operate just one time per week on Tuesdays between June 23 and Aug. 11, 2020.
The route will operate on the following schedule on Tuesdays only:
- RC420 Vágar (FAE) 11:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LGW) 2 p.m. Arrival
- RC421 London (LGW) 3:25 p.m. Departure ⇒ Vágar (FAE) 5:35 p.m. Arrival
Unfortunately, pricing information for the route isn’t yet available, as tickets don’t go on sale until 26 February. However, the airline said that fares will be available on the route from $110 (£85) one-way.
Related reading: Why you should visit the Faroe Islands
The 801-mile journey will be operated by the carrier’s A320neo. The airline has just three aircraft in its fleet — one A319, one A320 and one A320neo — along with helicopters.
On the A320neo (OY-RCK), which will operate this London route, passengers can expect 174 seats.
In addition to this service between Gatwick and Vágar, Atlantic Airways also operates nonstop service to Edinburgh (EDI), Reykjavik (KEF), Paris (CDG), Copenhagen (CPH) and more.
Previously, Atlantic Airways operated nonstop service between Vágar and London Stansted. This summer seasonal service represents the first direct connection to London since that 2014 service.
Featured photo by Possnov/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees