AT&T Just Made It Possible to Work Remotely on Your Cross-Country RV Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s the dilemma: You want to see the country, but you’re struggling to figure out how you’ll stay connected enough to accomplish what’s needed on the job front. Two curious bedfellows, AT&T and Airstream, have come together to create a plan that not only solves that, but opens up loads of new potential for cross-country RV dreams to become reality.
On 2019 model Airstream Classic travel trailers, AT&T is serving up 4G LTE connectivity for $360 per year. For unlimited data. Of course, this particular camper starts at a cool $150,000, which makes it relevant for a seriously narrow slice of the population. The real magic will come shortly, when AT&T and Airstream launch an aftermarket solution for other RVs later this year.
It’s not yet clear what the purchase stipulations for that solution will be, but AT&T confirmed to FierceWireless that the Airstream Connect service “is not subject to the data restriction applied to many of the operator’s other unlimited services.” Even AT&T’s “unlimited” smartphone plans contain fine print that allow the carrier to throttle your data after exceeding 22GB per month, which is easy to do if it’s your primary internet connection.
Having a truly uncapped connection on the road is an enormous perk for those seeking to dedicate months upon months to crisscrossing the United States, exploring its remarkable national parks, and maintaining a connection all the while. (And, if you’re planning to do precisely this, make sure you grab a National Park annual pass to save some serious cash.)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees