AT&T Just Made It Possible to Work Remotely on Your Cross-Country RV Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s the dilemma: You want to see the country, but you’re struggling to figure out how you’ll stay connected enough to accomplish what’s needed on the job front. Two curious bedfellows, AT&T and Airstream, have come together to create a plan that not only solves that, but opens up loads of new potential for cross-country RV dreams to become reality.
On 2019 model Airstream Classic travel trailers, AT&T is serving up 4G LTE connectivity for $360 per year. For unlimited data. Of course, this particular camper starts at a cool $150,000, which makes it relevant for a seriously narrow slice of the population. The real magic will come shortly, when AT&T and Airstream launch an aftermarket solution for other RVs later this year.
It’s not yet clear what the purchase stipulations for that solution will be, but AT&T confirmed to FierceWireless that the Airstream Connect service “is not subject to the data restriction applied to many of the operator’s other unlimited services.” Even AT&T’s “unlimited” smartphone plans contain fine print that allow the carrier to throttle your data after exceeding 22GB per month, which is easy to do if it’s your primary internet connection.
Having a truly uncapped connection on the road is an enormous perk for those seeking to dedicate months upon months to crisscrossing the United States, exploring its remarkable national parks, and maintaining a connection all the while. (And, if you’re planning to do precisely this, make sure you grab a National Park annual pass to save some serious cash.)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.