Are Your Hilton Points About to Become More Valuable on Amazon?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When Hilton refreshed the Hilton Honors program back in 2017, members got the added ability to redeem Honors points on Amazon. This was a nice new perk for members, even if the redemption rate of 0.2 cents per point isn’t exactly stellar. TPG currently values Honors points at 0.6 cents apiece.
Since the launch of the program with Amazon, there have been a couple of very brief windows where the Amazon redemption value was raised to 0.5 cents. Now a report from Doctor of Credit says Hilton recently sent a survey out to select customers where that higher rate was listed as a possible permanent option moving forward.
It’s not clear at this point if that higher rate will become reality for customers. For those with spare Honors points floating around, or not looking to score a deal with award travel this could be an option to cash some of them out with an Amazon spending spree should the new higher rate become the norm.
TPG reached out to Hilton for confirmation and more information but did not receive a response by the time of publication.
Featured photo Leon Neal/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.