Apple Update Brings New Travel-Related Emojis to Users
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
iPhone users, get excited. As a part of iOS 12.1, Apple is adding 70 new emojis to the roster — and some of them can be used to describe your travels.
“More than 70 new emoji(s) will be coming soon to iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac, including new characters with red hair, gray hair and curly hair, a new emoji for bald people, more emotive smiley faces and additional emoji representing animals, sports and food,” an Apple press release stated.
New travel-oriented emojis include a compass, a suitcase and a hiking boot for anyone who has the urge to hike or backpack — or, at least, share their interest about it over social media. According to TechRadar, the update is likely to be launched sometime in late October, perhaps on the 26th at the same time as the iPhone XR launch.
The update was released to testers on Tuesday, Oct. 2, and will fix bugs, introduce advanced portrait mode effects and (perhaps most notably) reintroduce the group FaceTime feature Apple delayed back in August. The group FaceTime feature is intended to allow users to call up to 32 people at once. So, travelers: here is one way to satiate to your FOMO while you’re out exploring the world.
Featured image courtesy of Apple
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.