Today Only: Earn 6x United MileagePlus Miles on Apple Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Wednesday, August 1, the United MileagePlus Shopping portal is offering a larger-than-normal bonus for purchases made at Apple. For one day, it’s awarding 6x miles on your Apple purchases made through the United MileagePlus Shopping portal. This gets even better than that, as it stacks with United’s current back-to-school promotion that awards up to 3,000 bonus United miles.
Shopping portals only occasionally offer increased mileage earnings beyond 1 or 2 points per dollar on Apple purchases. When they do, it’s generally for just one day. As with most Apple increased bonuses, not all purchases made are eligible for the bonus mileage earning. In this case, some newly released purchases may not be eligible, as well as gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products and expedited shipping.
Since this offer is around for today only, you’ll want to act quick if you’ve been drooling over an Apple product and want to earn as many United miles as possible on the purchase. For example, if you made a $600 Apple purchase, you’d earn 3,600 miles. Coupled with the United MileagePlus back-to-school promo, you’d get an additional 3,000 bonus miles — earning a total of 6,600 bonus United miles for a $600 Apple purchase. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 6,600 bonus United miles are worth $92.
If you’re making a sizable Apple purchase, consider charging that purchase to a credit card with good extended warranty benefits and purchase protections. If your Apple product meets an untimely death, there are reports of great success in getting things settled when the incident is covered under the protections of credit cards.
Shopping portals are one of the easiest ways to earn bonus points or miles with an airline or point currency of your choosing without ever leaving your couch. If it’s time to upgrade an Apple device or equip your kids with some new back-to-school technology, consider purchasing on Wednesday to earn 6x United miles per dollar — and potentially more — spent at Apple.
Featured image by Chesnot/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.