ANA Takes Delivery of Second Flying Honu, And Earlier Than Expected
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) took delivery this week of its second A380, decked out in the newest version of the Flying Honu livery. The new Airbus aircraft — the Emerald Green Flying Honu — was even delivered early.
ANA will be flying its new A380s between Narita (NRT) and Honolulu (HNL). ANA is investing heavily in its new route, not only acquiring a total of three A380s that will be sporting the Flying Honu livery, but also building the largest lounge at Honolulu’s Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.
Starting May 24, the airline will be operating three weekly round trips, and starting July 1 that will increase to 10 weekly round trips. The early aircraft delivery means that ANA will be able to start operating the newest Flying Honu in June, rather than July.
Featuring four cabins, the A380 will seat 520 people total with eight first-class seats, 56 in business, 73 in premium economy and 383 in economy. ANA’s rolling out all the stops for its A380 service: Passengers will find rainbow mood-lighting (inspired by Hawaii, The Rainbow State), special amenity kits, food and drinks.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by ANA
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.