ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a premium cabin patron, All Nippon Airways (ANA) wants to make sure you get exactly what you want for dinner.
Starting March 1, all business class travelers will be able to choose their own meals via the ANA website up to 24 hours before departure time (the foodies amongst us will enjoy drooling over this link with more details).
Menu choices will include a selection of international cuisines as well as a number of Japanese options.
Meal selections will be limited to a set number per flight, however, so it’s in your best interests to choose your preference sooner rather than later.
This perk was previously available only to ANA Mileage Club members, who also could only choose from “Japanese” or “international” menu options.
First class and business class dishware for Japanese cuisine will also receive an upgrade on March 1. Japanese culture places a heavy emphasis on aesthetic appeal, and the updated plating and cutlery is designed to stimulate the senses “both visually and gastronomically.”
Business class passengers on flights departing from Japan to North America (Honolulu excluded), Europe, Southeast Asia, and India have access to even more dinner options. Beginning March 1, travelers departing Japan for the regions mentioned above will have pre-order access to the full range of menu options available through ANA’s premium THE CONNOISSEURS collaboration meal program.
Even if you’re in coach, you don’t have to miss out: Premium economy and economy class passengers traveling on Europe and North America routes (again, excepting Honolulu) will also have access to expanded dining options for a marginal up-charge. Upgraded menu items are available ranging from approximately $23 USD and up and can be pre-selected via the ANA website up to 24 hours prior to departure time.
Your belly won’t be the only part of your body that’s happy with ANA’s new luxury updates. The airline will offer upgraded sleepwear and amenities beginning March 1 as well.
First class passengers get to snuggle into top-of-the-line feather comforters and atop new pillows filled with Hungarian white duck down, both with Egyptian cotton covers. First class travelers will also get a new blanket and cardigan.
Business class travelers will also get feather comforter and pillow upgrades, as well as updated cardigans and pajamas.
But wait. We’re still not done yet! Even the ANA amenity kits are getting an overhaul.
Revamped Globe-Trotter amenity kits will now include cosmetic products from The Ginza’s Essence Empowering Set in first class, or products from Kose’s Sekkisei MYV line in business class. Asian skincare products have been wildly popular in recent years, and these kits will give US travelers an opportunity to sample these premium brands.
Kits come in several different colors, which ANA will rotate every three to four months. Kits are available in first class on all international routes, and in business class routes to Europe, Oceania and North America — once again, excepting Honolulu.
(If you’re wondering what’s up with Honolulu, you can read all the juicy details here.)
ANA is easily one of our favorite airlines for award redemptions, and this product update just further clinches that status. You can get one of these fancy meals starting from 35,000 miles in economy.
All photos courtesy of ANA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.