ANA Shares Schedule Details and Sale Date for Its A380 Service to Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan’s largest airline, All Nippon Airways, just announced schedule details and sale dates for its first Airbus A380 route, with service to Honolulu (HNL) from the airline’s hub at Tokyo-Narita (NRT). The airline’s first Airbus A380 will enter into service on May 24, 2019, with tickets going on sale in early January.
ANA first placed an order for the world’s largest passenger aircraft in 2015, and took delivery of its first A380 in December. (Two additional aircraft are scheduled for delivery in 2019.)
When ANA’s A380 enters service in late May 2019, it will operate on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, for a total of three flights a week. Beginning on July 1, after ANA takes delivery of its second A380, the aircraft will operate 10 weekly flights between Tokyo-Narita and Honolulu. The remainder of flights on this route will be operated by ANA’s Boeing 787-9.
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays Starting May 24; 1x Daily Starting July 1:
- From Tokyo to Honolulu as NH184, Departing at 8:20 pm, Arriving at 8:40 am
- From Honolulu to Tokyo as HN183, Departing at 11:30 am, Arriving at 3:00 pm +1 Day
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays Starting July 1:
- From Tokyo to Honolulu as NH182, Departing at 9:35 pm, Arriving at 10:10 am
- From Honolulu to Tokyo as NH181, Departing 12:45 pm, Arriving at 4:00 pm +1 Day
As of Dec. 26, both round-trip fights on May 24 are on sale, but neither feature the Airbus A380 as the aircraft operating the flight.
However, on its website ANA notes that business-class, premium economy and economy-class seats “that are currently on sale or reservation will be changed to Airbus A380 seats gradually from January 4, 2019.” First-class and economy-class COUCHii seats will be available for purchase starting Jan. 10. Award tickets will also go on sale on Jan. 10, starting at 3 pm Japan time.
ANA will offer 1 out of every 100 passengers who book award tickets in premium economy and economy on the Airbus A380 their redeemed miles back to their account. Registration for this promotion begins on Dec. 26 at 3 pm Japan time and will run through July 7 at 11:59 pm. More information on this promotion will be made available on Jan. 16, when ANA launches a dedicated website for its campaigns related to this new route.
ANA also announced special pricing for the new COUCHii seats, which will be available to passengers traveling in the last 7 rows of economy. These seats can convert into a bed similar to Air New Zealand’s Sky Couch. These promo rates will be available from May 24 through July 11.
No promotional rates for other cabins have been announced, but ANA shared that paid first-class flights will start at 350,000 JPY (~$3,154) round-trip without taxes, fees or surcharges. Low- and regular-season first-class award tickets will cost 120,000 miles round-trip, while high-season award tickets will cost 129,000 miles.
The first Airbus A380 is painted in the airline’s special HONU livery. The exterior is meant to resemble a honu, or green sea turtle, which the airline says shows its “ANA’s commitment to improving the travel experience while helping passengers reach the world’s premier tourist destinations.”
Featured image via All Nippon Airways.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.