This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak just announced a sale on its roomette product on select overnight routes from August 20, 2018 to February 15, 2019. From now until June 26, you can book a roomette that accommodates two passengers for the price of just one passenger.
This offer includes, but is not limited to, routes from New York to Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta and Miami. The one-way fare starts at $218.
Benefits of booking a roomette include a hand-delivered breakfast to your room, nearby showers and, most importantly, a cabin with two fold-down beds, a sink, toilet, reading lights and personal service throughout the duration of your trip.
For example, an overnight train ride from New York to Atlanta will cost you $339 one-way:
The route considered to be the most beautiful train ride in America by Country Living is also up for grabs with this deal. A ticket from Seattle to LA in the roomette will cost you only $374 one-way.
If you’re looking to book by transferring SPG points, be sure to transfer soon. Since the SPG and Marriott merger is coming up and SPG will no longer hold a partnership with Amtrak, the deadline to transfer your SPG points to Amtrak is July 31, 2018.
Terms and conditions: Exclusively availale at www.amtrak.com. Valid for one (1) free companion fare traveling in a roomette with the purchase of one (1) regular (full) adult or senior fare. The free companion and full fare passenger must travel together in the same roomette. Valid for sale June 20-26, 2018. Valid for travel August 20, 2018 – February 15, 2019. Blackouts apply on November 25, 2018. This offer is only valid for travel in a roomette and is not valid for travel on Train 53, the south bound Auto Train. The companion is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as the full fare passenger. In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased. Roomettes must be cancelled at least 15 days prior to the scheduled departure for a refund and a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer. Roomettes are limited and are not available on all trains. Fares are subject to availability. Not valid for onboard ticket purchase. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.
Featured image by Jeffrey Greenberg/UIG via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees