This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak just announced a sale on its roomette product on select overnight routes from August 20, 2018 to February 15, 2019. From now until June 26, you can book a roomette that accommodates two passengers for the price of just one passenger.
This offer includes, but is not limited to, routes from New York to Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta and Miami. The one-way fare starts at $218.
Benefits of booking a roomette include a hand-delivered breakfast to your room, nearby showers and, most importantly, a cabin with two fold-down beds, a sink, toilet, reading lights and personal service throughout the duration of your trip.
For example, an overnight train ride from New York to Atlanta will cost you $339 one-way:
The route considered to be the most beautiful train ride in America by Country Living is also up for grabs with this deal. A ticket from Seattle to LA in the roomette will cost you only $374 one-way.
If you’re looking to book by transferring SPG points, be sure to transfer soon. Since the SPG and Marriott merger is coming up and SPG will no longer hold a partnership with Amtrak, the deadline to transfer your SPG points to Amtrak is July 31, 2018.
Terms and conditions: Exclusively availale at www.amtrak.com. Valid for one (1) free companion fare traveling in a roomette with the purchase of one (1) regular (full) adult or senior fare. The free companion and full fare passenger must travel together in the same roomette. Valid for sale June 20-26, 2018. Valid for travel August 20, 2018 – February 15, 2019. Blackouts apply on November 25, 2018. This offer is only valid for travel in a roomette and is not valid for travel on Train 53, the south bound Auto Train. The companion is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as the full fare passenger. In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased. Roomettes must be cancelled at least 15 days prior to the scheduled departure for a refund and a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer. Roomettes are limited and are not available on all trains. Fares are subject to availability. Not valid for onboard ticket purchase. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.
Featured image by Jeffrey Greenberg/UIG via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards