Amtrak Offering Exclusive Two-For-One Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak just announced a sale on its roomette product on select overnight routes from August 20, 2018 to February 15, 2019. From now until June 26, you can book a roomette that accommodates two passengers for the price of just one passenger.
This offer includes, but is not limited to, routes from New York to Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta and Miami. The one-way fare starts at $218.
Benefits of booking a roomette include a hand-delivered breakfast to your room, nearby showers and, most importantly, a cabin with two fold-down beds, a sink, toilet, reading lights and personal service throughout the duration of your trip.
For example, an overnight train ride from New York to Atlanta will cost you $339 one-way:
The route considered to be the most beautiful train ride in America by Country Living is also up for grabs with this deal. A ticket from Seattle to LA in the roomette will cost you only $374 one-way.
If you’re looking to book by transferring SPG points, be sure to transfer soon. Since the SPG and Marriott merger is coming up and SPG will no longer hold a partnership with Amtrak, the deadline to transfer your SPG points to Amtrak is July 31, 2018.
Terms and conditions: Exclusively availale at www.amtrak.com. Valid for one (1) free companion fare traveling in a roomette with the purchase of one (1) regular (full) adult or senior fare. The free companion and full fare passenger must travel together in the same roomette. Valid for sale June 20-26, 2018. Valid for travel August 20, 2018 – February 15, 2019. Blackouts apply on November 25, 2018. This offer is only valid for travel in a roomette and is not valid for travel on Train 53, the south bound Auto Train. The companion is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as the full fare passenger. In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased. Roomettes must be cancelled at least 15 days prior to the scheduled departure for a refund and a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer. Roomettes are limited and are not available on all trains. Fares are subject to availability. Not valid for onboard ticket purchase. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.
Featured image by Jeffrey Greenberg/UIG via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees