Amtrak is sending out free passes to visit its new flagship lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I visited shortly after the lounge opened, and I was gasping (under my mask) at every turn — Amtrak’s previous Penn Station lounge was a borderline disaster; I never expected to want to arrive any earlier than absolutely necessary to catch my train.
It’s really exciting that we finally have a fancy Penn Station lounge to visit — even if the current food and beverage offerings leave a bit to be desired. Metropolitan Lounge access is limited to Select Plus or Select Executive elites, passengers traveling in Acela first class and customers with a sleeper-car ticket.
I’m almost always passing through with a coach or Acela business class ticket, so I wasn’t expecting to visit again for quite some time — until a special Amtrak invitation hit my inbox this week.
The pass attached to the email is valid for me and one guest. It can be used anytime between now and April 30, and I only need to present the pass to get in — Amtrak’s waiving the usual same-day ticket requirement.
It’s unclear exactly which cards will trigger this invitation, but it’s worth checking your inbox if you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® or the Amtrak Guest Rewards® Platinum Mastercard® — the latter of which doesn’t carry an annual fee.
The information for the Amtrak Cards have been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.