Amex Is Temporarily Closing the Dallas Centurion Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bad news for Dallas-based travelers. The American Express Centurion lounge at the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) airport is temporarily closing starting next week. The lounge will shut down on Tuesday, July 24, and stay closed for three weeks while it undergoes repairs. It plans re-open on Tuesday, August 14th — although the lounge notes that the “re-opening date is subject to change.”
Amex had previously announced plans to expand the Dallas lounge, located in DFW’s Terminal D, to combat overcrowding. The new space was supposed to open in the first half of 2018 but the lounge has yet to move.
Those who hold an American Express Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express, or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express enjoy complimentary access to eight US Centurion lounge locations in addition to a new Hong Kong (HKG) lounge. The program plans on opening three more Centurion lounges in 2019 at airports in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK).
We’ve reached out to Amex for more details on this temporary shutdown but had not heard back by the time of publication. Fortunately there are still options for travelers going through DFW during this down time. Amex Platinum cardholders also receive a Priority Pass membership which grants access to The Club at DFW and the Minute Suites — both located in Terminal D.
Aside from the up to 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases made on your Business Platinum Card® within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when flight is booked on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees