Enrollment period extended: Amex giving cardmembers $50 each to spend with small businesses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
American Express has long encouraged customers to shop with small businesses. During the 2010 recession, the issuer launched its “Small Business Saturday” campaign — each year, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the company encourages shopping with small, local businesses. The initiative helped generate a reported $19.6 billion in spending on that one day in 2019.
Since businesses will continue to need our support more than ever following the pandemic, Amex has brought back its previous small business statement credit incentive — Amex cardmembers are eligible to receive up to a total of $50 in statement credits when shopping at small businesses. Originally, you could enroll in this offer anytime between June 29, through July 26, but Amex has just extended the enrollment period to Aug. 23, 2020.
Here’s how it works:
- Cardmembers are eligible for $5 statement credits whenever they spend $10 or more at small businesses
- Customers can earn statement credits up to 10 times, for a grand total of $50 per cardmember
- The incentive is available as an Amex Offer, which cardmembers must activate by Aug. 23
- All U.S. Amex consumer, small business, Serve and Bluebird cards are eligible
- Other prepaid cards, corporate cards and cards issued outside the U.S. are not eligible
While most Amex Offers are targeted to specific cards or cardmembers, this particular promotion will be widely available — whether you have the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card or The Platinum Card® from American Express, you should be able to take advantage.
Featured photo by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy.
Additional reporting by Madison Blancaflor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees