This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you signed up for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card in the last few months, perhaps locking in the 100,000-point welcome bonus while it was still available*, you may have been momentarily confused to receive an SPG Luxury Amex card in the mail. This wasn’t a mistake; it was simply a stop-gap solution until Amex was able to send card holders the updated metal version with Bonvoy branding.
TPG just received his updated Brilliant card with a metal design…
…presented in a nice box with a Bluetooth luggage tracker, no less.
I’ve yet to receive my metal Brilliant card, but TPG’s package gives me hope that it’s on the way soon. Have you received yours?
*Welcome bonus is currently 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months
Photos by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn 75,000 points with this card after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months. TPG values 75K Bonvoy points to be worth around $600. Aside from the huge welcome offer you'll earn up to $300 in statement credits each year and 1 free night every year after cardmember anniversary.
- Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees