This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express has been known to send out free gifts to cardholders of some of its premium products — from gift cards with Blade and Tiffany & Co. to Amazon Echos. Now, there are reports that some cardholders of the new Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card are getting a gift of their own, this time Beagle 2.0 Bluetooth trackers.
As reported by Doctor of Credit, American Express is sending the Beagle 2.0 trackers to select SPG Luxury Card holders. According to the packaging, American Express is sending out the trackers to help cardholders “keep track of your belongings.”
It’s unclear exactly how Amex is targeting SPG Luxury cardholders for this gift. The Beagle is a tracking device that allows you locate your items. According to its site, its associated app will “alert you when you may be leaving without your most important items or map the location they were last tracked.”
Although it’s unclear exactly which Beagle product Amex is sending out, prices for the Beagle 2.0 range from $25 to $87.
As a reminder, the new SPG Luxury Card currently comes with a welcome offer of 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 within the first three months. Offer ends October 31, 2018. You’ll get up to $300 in statement credits for purchases at participating SPG or Marriott hotels each cardmember year, a $100 Global Entry/PreCheck credit, Priority Pass membership and more. The card comes with a $450 annual fee.
Have you received a gift from Amex for being an SPG Luxury cardholder?
This card has a $450 annual fee, but that's offset by up to $300 in statement credits that you can earn each year for Marriott and SPG purchases. You'll earn 6x points at Marriott and SPG properties, 3x points at US restaurants and on flights purchased directly from the airline and 2x points on everything else.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 10/31/2018.
- Earn 6 points on eligible purchases at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels, 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotels.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees