Amex is opening a holiday Platinum House in NYC with free drinks and food all weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want a place to escape the crowds of holiday shoppers in NYC during Small Business Saturday? American Express is hosting its first-ever Platinum House experience for The Platinum Card® from American Express and Centurion members in New York City. Think of it as a temporary club in the heart of New York.
When: Nov. 30th – Dec. 1, 2019; 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: 5 East 17th St, New York City
Who’s invited: Platinum and Centurion cardholders
The pop-up event will be hosted in Manhattan’s Union Square and feature a variety of festive experiences for attendees to enjoy including food, music and a few holiday surprises by Amex. You’ll be able to snack on a selection of small bites from the executive chefs of Amex Global Dining Collection restaurants Cote, Legacy Records and Wayan. After eating you can sit back and relax with cocktails from Undercote (including a specialty drink using locally grown Gothan Greens by Viraj Puri), wine curated by Parcelle and specialty coffee. While you enjoy the event’s food and drinks, you can even have a few of your holiday gifts custom gift wrapped.
Once you’ve refueled and relaxed for a bit, you can grab a signed copy of “More Than Enough,” by Elaine Welteroth, grab a protein beverage by Nike Trainer Kirsty Godso (which will be needed if you plan on getting back out for more holiday shopping after the event), and receive a local shopping guide to help you make the most of your Small Business Saturday shopping. All attendees will also get a complimentary Small Business Saturday tote.
If you aren’t currently a Platinum or Centurion cardholder, now might be the perfect time to apply for a Platinum Card (Centurion cardholders have to be invited to apply). In addition to gaining access to the first-ever Platinum House experience in NYC, you’ll also get holiday shopping perks like an annual up to $100 Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit ($50 of which you’ll be able to use during this holiday season), Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber Cash ($15 of which you can use on Nov. 30th and $20 of which you can use on Dec. 1st to help you get around Manhattan during your Small Business Saturday weekend shopping expedition). This is on top of the travel benefits that come with the card, including a $200 airline fee statement credit, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit, unmatched airport lounge access, Gold elite status with both Hilton and Marriott and more. Enrollment required for select benefits. The card has a $695 annual fee (see rates & fees).
You can check out more information on the event on Amex’s website. It sounds like a great way for eligible cardholders to take a break during the rush of holiday shopping during the Small Business Saturday weekend. The exclusive event is walking distance from popular shopping spots in midtown or Soho. In fact, you might even spot a few TPG staffers enjoying a reprieve from the crowds and cold weather if you end up stopping by the pop-up house.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Featured photo courtesy of Amex.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees